“Great business hotel”

Hampton Inn - McHenry
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in McHenry
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stay here quite often for business. The staff is incredibly welcoming. I have gotten to know some of them and I am amazed at how knowledgeable all of them are. The location of the hotel is perfect for my work but not much else going on around it except the restaurant which I don't think is related to the hotel but a great place nevertheless.

The rooms are perfect, nicely appointed and comfortable. Always super clean, the bathrooms are roomy and practical. The few times I have asked for anything, they have been very accommodating. The beds are very comfortable and the TV is perfect for watching whether it is from my desk as I finish off my days work, or from bed. There is a comfy chair ottoman combination that is surprisingly useful and makes a huge difference in my experience.

The pool area is immaculate I have only used it a few a time this winter but it was always perfect. The gym is on the small side, but for the price I pay this is amazing. The entire hotel is a great gem in a sea of gray. Your other options in McHenry are not that great but they still charge similar prices. When you factor in the breakfast and convenience there really is no other choice for in McHenry. I used to stay at a Holiday Inn down the street a bit but this is a lot better located and much more practical.

Keep up the good work

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
tina f, General Manager at Hampton Inn - McHenry, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. We are so pleased to hear of your positive comments regarding our hotel! On behalf of the entire hotel staff we appreiciate your continued business and if there is anything that we can do for you in the future please reach out to us. We want all of our guests to feel at home when they are away from their real homes!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

everyone was nice, clean, just no hot water - was luke warm at best 1/2 the time The breakfast was good, but I do not eat cheese - first day they have bisquets then the other four days they did not -all else was good, no issues the heat worked perfect room stayed at a steady temp the entire time TV easy to use

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
tina f, General Manager at Hampton Inn - McHenry, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. We do apologize about the no hot water and about some of the breakfast items. We appreciate you telling us the specifics of your stay this way we are able to improve and work on those areas. We are happy to hear that you did enjoy your stay and if there is anything that we can do in the future please let us know.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The hotel itself looked nice, clean and updated.
The little things is why I can't give this hotel a higher rating.
Our room was directly over the pool; and because of this, our room reeked of chlorine.
It took more than 10 minutes of running the water to get hot water in the shower; I almost gave up on taking a shower.
The next morning for breakfast; I thought the hotel could redeem itself; I was wrong. All of the hot food warmers were empty when we arrived. I figured I would have a yogurt while we waited for more food to come out. It took 45 minutes before more food came out and the little omlettes were cold on the inside. There was only one woman working the food area in a hotel that looked to be pretty booked up.
This is the only hotel in the town so we did not have a choice. I do not usually stay at Hamptons and I probably will not again.
The price I pay for the room was very high; something you would pay for an upscale hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. On behalf of the entire hotel staff I apologize about your hotel stay. I am sorry to hear about the hot water and the breakfast. If there is anything that we can do to make this up please let us know. We value our guests and their feedback and would like to make it right. We appreicate the comments this way we can improve in the areas that guests are not satisfied with. Please let us know again if there is anything that we can do and once again apologize for your experience.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Everything was fine overall -- clean, modern enough, good basic amenities, fresh food and good coffee. Quick and pleasant service from the front desk personnel. Something in the room caused a mild allergic reaction -- itchy, burning eyes -- but I don't know what it was; my usual triggers are smoke and mold (it was labeled as a nonsmoking room). A friend who stayed on another floor the same (cold, snowy) weekend thought it might have been a lack of humidity -- she actually turned her heat off overnight to avoid the dryness. Otherwise comfy, with good mattress, pillows and bed covers.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Cynthia G

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the amenities and the service. We value our guests and appreicate your positive comments! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

This was our third stay at this Hampton Inn, and our second time in the one-bedroom suite. There are only a couple of these rooms at this hotel but it is definitely worth the costs. Nice to be able to get up earlier or stay up later and not disturb your spouse! TV in bedroom and living area, as well as Microwave and mini fridge, along with sleeper sofa, chair and desk/w chair. Great breakfast area and very helpful staff! No reason to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joann M
tina f, General Manager at Hampton Inn - McHenry, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the 1 bedroom suite and thank you for your continued business. On behalf of the entire hotel staff we value our guests positive feedback and comments. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Easy access off of Rout 31, plenty of restaurants close. Quaint downtown area, train access to the Chicago Downtown. Shopping and all the normal things we have in our town just north of the square on 31.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sean G

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. We appreciate the positive comments about our location and we are happy to hear that we were able to fulfill your needs when you stayed with us with your family. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This motel is at the top of my list in everything. It is as advertised and is very clean, pleasant and everyone is so helpful. It was quiet and very clean. Has everything you can think of including a microwave and frig. Loved everything about it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia T

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. On behalf of the entire hotel staff we value our guests feedback and we appreciate your business. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our stay and that we met your expectations!

Also consider these accommodations in or near McHenry
Comfort Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates
Super 8 Woodstock
Super 8 Woodstock
#3 of 3 in Woodstock

Been to Hampton Inn - McHenry? Share your experiences!