“Business trip at Hampton McHenry”

Hampton Inn - McHenry
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in McHenry
Snellville, United States
“Business trip at Hampton McHenry”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

From greeting to departure It was an enjoyable stay. No problems and the staff was friendly. I have stayed at this Hampton previously and I will again. I am used to everything from upscale luxury to otherwise and have never been disappointed with a Hampton Inn. The housekeeper left a personalized sticky note on the headboard welcoming me and saying she had fresh linens and extra care with the room. i liked that touch.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

tina f, General Manager at Hampton Inn - McHenry, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoy staying at our hotel on business. Also, thank you for complimenting the housekeeping staff. We take great pride in serving our guests and we appreciate the continued business. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My Mom and I stayed at this hotel on her Bucket List trip, and it was a great choice overall. The room was comfortable and spacious, the shower was hot and the breakfast was delicious and filling. The only issue we had was with a group that was at the hotel for a reunion or memorial or something. One of the mornings they took up all the tables in the breakfast area and were using them as their personal lounge. People were not eating breakfast, or even drinking coffee, they were just sitting around talking. While that was going on, there were a number of elderly people, my mother among them, who were made to stand or sit in uncomfortable easy chairs while balancing their breakfast plates and hot coffee. The front desk overlooks the area, and I'm sure they could see what was going on, but nothing was done. Other than that, we had a great stay. The laundry room was especially helpful, since this was toward the end of a very long trip.

Room Tip: Get to the breakfast early to avoid the rush.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and the hotel overall. On behalf of the entire hotel staff we apologize for the breakfast situation with the large groups. On the weekends our breakfast can be kind of hectic and we do apologize for the situation. If there is anything else that we can do for you please contact us at the hotel. We would like to make this up for you if we can. Thank you again for the feedback.
Highland Park, Illinois
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed the night of Sat July 6th with my two young children. Young teenagers were banging on our door (playing "ding, dong, ditch" as I heard one of them call it) and running&yelling in the halls until about 12:30 am. Had to disconnect the phone after I started getting calls. The kids knocked on our door about 8 times throughout the night.

I confronted the kids from room 214 and called the front desk twice to report the situation, but the problem continued. The woman at the front desk said that there was no adult staying in the room but that she'd contact one of the parents. Hotel needs to be able to manage this type of situation better. I'd like them to have a policy of not allowing minors to stay in a room without and adult, and I think they should have asked this group to leave as I was told that other guests had complained at that they had caused trouble for the staff. If they can't control the situation, perhaps they need to bring in the police.

I informed several employees of my awful experience and told one that I would expect a discount in this situation, however, the hotel did not offer any discount. I expect to be able to sleep when I pay for a hotel room. This was one of my worst hotel experiences ever.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dan W
tina f, Manager at Hampton Inn - McHenry, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. Our standard procedure in this event would be to offer an upgraded room to you on a different floor. The interaction with our staff members about the noise is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire service team as a training exercise. We have refunded your stay in full and we hope to have the opportunity to regain your trust in our services and welcome you back again.

Once again please do accept my apologies.

Tina Fierros
buckypeekn
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Overall, a nice hotel. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly. My only complaint was that there was little to no breakfast out in the morning... I believe the staff could not keep up with the number of guests.
Notes: Swimming pool is indoors. Workout room is cardio only. There isn't much around this hotel as far as food or entertainment

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. We apologize about the breakfast situation about the food and if there is anything that we can do to make this up for you please contact us at the hotel. We take pride in serving our guests and want to make sure that you have an enjoyable stay. Thank you again for the feedback.
Branson, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stay at this hotel several times a year and have never been disappointed with my stay. It is always clean and up to the Hampton Standards. The staff is great and very accommodating. they know I like a certain room and if it is available I get it. I can't imagine staying any where else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. On behalf of the entire hotel staff we appreciate your business and your loyalty to our hotel. We take pride in serving our guests and thank you so much for the compliments!
Maple Grove, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Excellent hotel. Great accomindations and a very friendly and helpfuk staff. Have a great hot breakfast service each morning. The hotel is in ina very desirable location and is convenient to the shopping areas of McHenry. Definitely a class act.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. On behalf of the entire hotel staff we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the accomodations. We take great pride in serving our guests! Thank you again for the compliements and feedback!
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 30, 2013

When visiting friends and family in the Northwest Chicago suburbs, whether it's McHenry County, Barrington or Schaumburg, we always stay at the Hampton Inn in McHenry. It is an extremely well-run property. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is friendly and polite. The price is a great value. The beds are very comfortable, as one would expect a Hampton Inn bed to be. I highly recommend this property!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that we are your new favorite hotel! Thank you for the compliement! We take great pride in providing excellent service to our guests!
Also consider these accommodations in or near McHenry
Holiday Inn Crystal Lake
WaterFront Hotel & Marina
#1 of 1 in Johnsburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville

Been to Hampton Inn - McHenry? Share your experiences!