“Comfortable business stay”

Hampton Inn - McHenry
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in McHenry
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Four night business trip with a very good stay including friendly helpful staff and a comfortable clean room with extra space. Typical Hampton breakfast but varied each day which was nice. Did not use pool or exercise area but both appeared adequate. Restaurant in the parking lot probably should be avoided. Six people in our group tried it, including me, and did not have a good experience except for the pizza. As for the hotel no problems and it is near Centegra McHenry Medical Center if you need nearby lodging. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 30, 2012

My family and I enjoyed our stay at the McHenry Hampton Inn very much. We called ahead to find out about room availability, the room rates and to get directions on how to get there...the gentleman at the desk was very nice and helpful. We were very pleased to find that we had four full sets of towels and washclothes...usually it seems like you are missing a set and have to go back to the front desk to get more, The room was good and clean and the beds were fresh and very comfortable. Seems like everytime we stay at a hotel we have a clogged drain in the shower, but all drains drained great. The continental breakfast was one of the best I've seen, there was so much to choose from, there was something there for everyone. We wouldnt have to think twice about staying at the McHenry Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank paul h
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Overall, my experience at this Hampton was very good! I loved the room and the location of the hotel! I stayed back in the Fall'2011 with a boyfriend and the countryside was beautiful (went to the Autumn Drive). The little shops not far from the hotel are quaint and the river-walk was enjoyable.
If you happen to miss the hotel's breakfast, Brunch Cafe just down the street was fresh, tasty, and busy! (I will never forget that place!)

Thank you Hampton for your friendly service!

P.S. Just be sure to refresh your coffee more!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2011

McHenry may not the most exciting place but this hotel makes the stay nice and comfortable. Rooms are large, comfortable beds and nice bathrooms.

The best thing with the hotel is the free breakfast and the proximity to the steak house (next door). It is quite nice to being able walk to any restaurant, in particular this one.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I made a special trip to Mchenry because of some work related benefits and I have to say i really enjoyed it. It's a small town compared to what im used to but I'm happy to say it was a great escape from everything. Great Room, Very Quiet, Great Location and Friendly Staff. Would love to make the trip again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Thanks soo much for another great weekend!!! I live near by and I just love staying at the Hampton for the weekend with my son and daughter! Between the breakfast, my son loves the waffles btw, and the pool we just have a blast! We ordered pizza for delivery from the local pizza place, very easy! No headaches trying to have them find the room!! I can't wait till next time!! Thanks Hampton!!

Erik

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Our hotel stay was above and beyond expectations. Very friendly service and super clean lobby and rooms. The beds were so comfortable, making for a great night's sleep, and that is rare when I'm away from home. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank rdt68
Also consider these accommodations in or near McHenry
Comfort Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates
Super 8 Woodstock
Super 8 Woodstock
#3 of 3 in Woodstock

Been to Hampton Inn - McHenry? Share your experiences!