“Bad service”
Review of Marzano's Woodfired Italian - CLOSED

Marzano's Woodfired Italian
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family owned Italian restaurant that specializes in Neapolitan in addition to our steak, seafood and pasta dishes. Extensive wine list and homemade desserts rounds out the food offers. WE have three separate private rooms in addition to our dining room and lounge. Come enjoy a tour of Italy in our interpretation.
Round Lake, Illinois
“Bad service”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

On way to visiting my Mom at nursing home, I stopped in at Marzano's at 5:30pm to request pizza to be ready for 8:15pm pickup.When arrived at 8:15pm, was told it would be another 10 minutes as very busy. Order was given to kitchen at 7:55pm. I asked why it wasn't given earlier if they knew it was busy & I would be there at 8:15pm. Just got a "Sorry" & an offer of a glass of water & a walk away. At 8:35pm, still no pizza. Asked manager for a refund on my credit card, as I was leaving & they could decide what to do with pizza. He gave me an in-house credit & some certificates to be used only on Valentine's Day, Easter Sunday & Mother's Day. Waiting for refund on my credit card, don't want in-house credit.

Manager told me that current owners of this restaurant are same owners of previous one at this location. Patrons were then often given impression that they should feel lucky to be allowed to be given a table if just walked in 'off street' & didn't have reservations - even when place was close to empty. Sorry, you aren't a fine quality restaurant to have your staff be like that & good fine quality restaurants won't/don't treat people that way - not the way to get repeat business!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Ashoken

Wonder Lake, IL
“Real Italian menue”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We visit this restaurant quite frequently, whenever we have a taste for real Italian dish. There is not big selection of soups but Zuppa Toscana got my hearth all the way and became my choice for good. Nice sellection of ales starts my drink list, but they have a nice wine celler for others. Apetizers to many to list and so far all excellent. For pizza lovers wood fired oven gives the lovely pie its unique taste and so is home made mozzarella. We took it home cause meals here are more than large and mouth cant fit what eyes would eat. Nice interior, clean and interresting with real Italian background music of Pavarotti and such. Pleasant. So far we tryed almost all from pretty nice menue and have not found a dish we did not like. Its all good and has a unique taste.
I would say that there is room for improvement and thats why I did not give it 4 stars. Table service needs a bit more experience and should know more about the meals and drinks, and the tables could use white CLOTHES! I am not trying to be picky, try it once and see how it looks. I just been places and ate from different pots. :)
Overal we are returning customers and enjoying the real Italian food, and yes we are bringing guests with us.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Chrrome
Seymour, Wisconsin, United States
“Excellent food”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Ate here on Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013. I had the chicken Alfredo and my boyfriend had the veal parmisian. Both were excellent. And we each had leftovers for the next day. Very nice atmosphere and within walking distance of our hotel.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Janell K
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Good food, but the details were lacking”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I took my daughter there for a nice b-day lunch. I had been to this restaurant before it baca me Marzano's years ago for a business lunch and it was outstanding so I expected a similar experience. Unfortunately that wasn't how things went. It was a late lunch around 2:30 when we arrived. There was no one at the hostess stand, so we just wandered in towards the bar to find a seat. Eventually someone came and sat us. It was like they weren't expecting anyone. The server brought us menus and water, but the glasses were foggy (probably etched from washing in water that is too hot) I was hesitant to drink it.

We ordered the mozzarella with marinara sauce for an appetizer. They were good and a nice sized portion to share. For our lunch we had the spaghetti with meatballs and the chicken alfredo. We ordered from the lunch menu but got dinner portions. The food was was very good, could have been hotter. We had plenty of leftovers, I think I had two more meals out of what was left, spent about $30.

While the food was good, the service was painfully slow. The decor hadn't changed since the prior owners which was too bad. It really needed some freshening up, the place was dreary and just seemed unkempt. I doubt I'll go back, there's plenty of places with good food and better service and atmosphere in the same price range.

• Visited August 2013
Crystal Lake, IL
“Great Italian and wonderful wood fired pizzas”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is far better than most of the Italian food in the Crystal Lake, Algonquin, and McHenry area. Webhabe been four times and enjoyed every bite as well as geat service.

• Visited July 2013