“Italian?”
Review of Marzano's Woodfired Italian - CLOSED

Marzano's Woodfired Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a family owned Italian restaurant that specializes in Neapolitan in addition to our steak, seafood and pasta dishes. Extensive wine list and homemade desserts rounds out the food offers. WE have three separate private rooms in addition to our dining room and lounge. Come enjoy a tour of Italy in our interpretation.
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Why would you go to the trouble of bringing in an authentic Italian wood-fire pizza oven, have a chef be certified to use this oven and then strive for mediocrity? What authentic Italian restaurant serves an iceberg lettuce/red cabbage salad? Pizza was ok, wine by the glass too expensive, our draft beer seemed stale, salad was abysmal. Nice looking restaurant, our waitperson was very nice & recommended items for us to try. It was a nice summer nite & outdoor patio was closed. This is probably the best restaurant in McHenry. We will not be trying it again...

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We have tried Marzanos a few times hoping for better food. Honestly,the food is disappointing and the service is slow. I am okay with paying for good wine, but when you charge $9 a glass the glass should have more than 4 ounces in it.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

A friend took me to Marzano's for my birthday, and I have to say it was a little disappointing. The atmosphere was very nice, with just a handful of customers. Despite the lack of customers, the service was a bit slow, and we had to ask at least twice for a few things. Not horrible, but not exceptional. About average. If you have a coupon, its worth it.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I decided to try Marzano's, using a Restaurant.com certificate. Great choice! I had the Filet Medallions with sauteed mushrooms in a hunters sauce over parmesan chive mashed potatoes. My wife had the Spice-Rubbed Seared Tuna Steak with
fresh ahi tuna rubbed with their five spice blend with a tuna caper sauce, served with asparagus - $18. (Best tuna steak she ever had!) The service was very good and the food was excellent. Portions were adequate, not huge - too bad - would have loved to have leftovers, LOL. For dessert I ordered Red Velvet Cheesecake - topped with white chocolate shavings. I expected a sliver of cheesecake and was surprised with a huge slice of cake with layers of red velvet cake and cheesecake. My wife decided to try something new and ordered the Nutella Pizza - stuffed with nutella & topped with powdered sugar (a pastry crust baked 'til it puffs up and then filled with nutella (like peanut butter with nuts). It was the size of a 12" pizza!!! Definitely will go back! Maybe next time we'll try the authentic Neopolitan pizza.

2  Thank LG
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The key to this restaurant is the pizzaiolo. The imported wood burning fire place makes incredible pizzas, with the help of the chef. They make their own dough and mozzarella. We had the margherita and sausage and mozzarella pizzas, both were great. Nice not have to drive to the city for Neapolitan pizzas. Entrees were nice sized and great flavor. My father in law and brother in law both got the scallops. They both enjoyed them and cooked to perfection. The risotto was great and not overpowered by the truffle. Substitutions seem to be frowned upon but my brother in law did get to substitute pasta for risotto because it was a 'slow time' in the evening. I got the gnocchi with vodka sauce and my guidance is getting something else. Was good but not great. Lasagna which is special on Sunday was nice and big portion. My wife and niece got the chicken Marsala, nice and juicy and the gorgonzola mashed was nice. My sister in law got the Chicken Parm and where did they find chicken breasts that big. Lots of food and red sauce is nice. The kids menu is nice and several choices. My boys both got the Chicken Alf redo, again really good flavor with two pieces of garlic bread. My brother in law has had the chicken saltimbocca before which is why we all came. I wish I took his advice and got it. Overall food is great and make sure you get the pizza even as an appetizer. We sampled a few of the desserts, the banana tiramisu was awesome and chocolate cake and profiteroles where favorites of our table. The manager was great and shared info about the restaurant. I will admit service is still TOUGH. Drink orders are slow and we had to remind our waitress about the coffee which came when we were finishing desert and not an option for a refill. We had an issue of private room which they even confirmed when calling earlier in the day for the reservation and all the hostess could say was sorry. The manager stepped in and made it right. Bottom line, go for the food and hopefully they will get the service aspect correct one day.

1  Thank LZfamily