“Can't understand the bad reviews...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of A Touch of Italy

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Illinois
“Can't understand the bad reviews...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2010

We have been to 'A Touch of Italy' several times and have always experienced excellent food and wonderful service. The decor does leave a little to be desired but we don't go for the decor, we go for the food!! Would highly recommend to anyone, the best food at reasonable prices.

chicago, illinois
“Not good at all”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

This was the worst Italian place we have ever been to. They were out of coke and caesar dressing. My 4 year olds hamburger came open faced on a piece of Italian bread? How is he supposed to eat that without wearing it? My son ordered a caesar salad that was served with only iceburg lettuce and ranch dressing...since they were out of caesar. The place had an odor and the bathrooms and pretty much everything felt and looked dirty. Seats were all ripped and very uncomfortable.

I had chicken parm. and the chicken was about 1/2 the size of a deck of cards. Veal parm. was the same way. Dressing on my salad was supposed to be Italian, but it was obvious they didn't mix it or shake it up because it was all oil and no flavor.

All around bad food and atmosphere....unless your idea of Italian restaurant decor are mirrored beer signs hung everywhere there was a spot available. Icky.

SPRING GROVE
“The worst food I have ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

Place smelled awful, very dingy. Food was terrible, small portions and no taste at all. Bathrooms were very dirty. Do youself a favor and do not go here

1 Thank MIDWESTKEYLESS
Illinois
“Don't Bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

This was the worst food we've ever had! Lasagna was REALLY old, dried out, and reheated in a microwave, the tortellini was store bought & hard. Really not much was eatable but the bread. My husband & I both had shrimp scampi as part of our combos and we were each served different noodles in the dish. Seriously terrible food! I wouldn't go back if it was free and I wish I had never spent the $$ to begin with.‎

1 Thank tpcdn
Spokane, Washington
“Mediocre food and among the slowest service ever”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2009

I found a great coupon for this place -- shared appetizer, two glasses of wine, two entrees and shared dessert for $30 -- so we decided to try it. We waited 30 minutes to be seated ... no big deal. But then the service was ridiculously slow, even when the place emptied out. We probably waited 20 minutes for someone to give us menus and take our drink order. The entire trip, including waiting to be seated, was 2.5 hours. And we're not slow eaters.

My husband ordered the chicken parmesan, and it was hot and delicious. I had the Taste of Italy combo. The food was lukewarm (at best) and nothing was outstanding. Skip the cheesecake, too. A disappointment all around.

1 Thank SushiFoodie

Been to A Touch of Italy? Share your experiences!