All reviewsfront deskgreat hotelbusiness tripthe breakfast areathe hotel staffroom was cleaneastern illinois universityother hotelsnice staystaff was very friendlyrestaurants and shoppingcookiesoatmealconvenient locationbed and pillowsking roomstayed one night
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over the last several years and have never had any problems. Staff is always helpful. I never used the pool or business station, but the internet in my room was not a problem getting hooked up to. Good variety of breakfest items. Have recently updated the breakfest area. Would recommend hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GM-MTOIL, Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experiences at our property. I was happy to hear you enjoy staying with us when you're in the area. I was also happy to hear that we deliver consistent service to our guests. We always appreciate hearing from our satisfied guests and we also appreciate recommending us to your family and friends. Thank you for staying at the Mattoon Hampton Inn and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We finished a fourteen day road trip with our stay at the Hampton Inn in Mattoon, Illinois and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. Our room (and the rest of the hotel) was recently renovated and it was clear attention to detail was used extensively. Although the room was not excessively large, it was more than adequately laid out for three adults to comfortably move about. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and the areas to get coffee, etc. were not in the same vicinity, minimizing crowding to get food items. Definitely recommend this one!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GM-MTOIL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are glad to hear you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your compliments on our new lobby. It's nice to know our guests are enjoying the new look as much as we are. Thank you for choosing the Mattoon Hampton Inn and hope you get another chance to visit!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice, clean hotel! Staff was most accommodating, and room was quiet and very comfortable. Would recommend to anyone going through Mattoon, Illinois.We were in route to another destination and the Hampton was just right for us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-MTOIL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your review of our property. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us as much as we enjoyed having you. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the staff so they are encouraged that their hard work is noticed. If there was any way we could have made your stay better, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you for staying at the Mattoon Hampton Inn. We are happy to be your friend in town!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This hotel is good for the business traveler; reasonable rate, great value, friendly staff, clean, good fitness center. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and have stayed there many times. Great location off the highway.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We always appreciate hearing from our guests! I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us as much as we enjoyed having you. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the staff. It is always nice to know that our hard work is noticed. If you have any additional ideas about how we can make your stay great please feel free to contact us. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn-Mattoon and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed here recently for a few nights on a business trip. My coworkers did not have similar issues. The room that I was given did not appear to be cleaned properly. The beds were made up as if they had been cleaned, but it was apparent that the sheets and comforter had actually not been changed from the previous person.

There was a long hair on top of the comforter. I pulled it down to sit in the sheets, there were two more hairs (like long hairs) in the sheets after I pulled them down. I then though, well let me use the other bed instead. I pulled the comforter down there and there were 3 hairs in those sheets including one that was between the fitted sheet and the comforter. All in all there were 8-9 hairs scattered between both beds and either on the comforter or in the sheets.

When I was heading out to dinner, I asked if I could get the sheets changed, but housekeeping had gone home for the night. I was offered another room (there was only 1 left). I changed rooms and the new one did not have the same problem. Unfortunately the new room shared a wall with the gym though and I was woken up at 545 by someone running on the treadmill (even though they aren't supposed to use the gym until 6am).

It was just disconcerting. The people working at the hotel were all friendly and the condition of the hotel was nice and it is always nice to have free coffee and breakfast in the morning. Hopefully the maid just didn't realize the people in the room were checking out and just pulled up the sheets.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jdp107

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Each review only helps us improve our customer service. I was happy to hear our staff was accommodating and tried their best to make your stay a pleasant one. I would like to apologize to you on the condition of your first room. Please be assured, the sheets were clean. During the drying process, static electricity can form and the hairs can stick to the sheets. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention so we can resolve the problem and train our staff so other guests will not have the same experience. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you have the opportunity to stay again.