All reviewsfront deskgreat hotelbusiness tripthe breakfast areathe hotel staffroom was cleaneastern illinois universityother hotelsnice staystaff was very friendlyrestaurants and shoppingcookiesoatmealconvenient locationbed and pillowsking roomstayed one night
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Very nice, the rooms are always clean, the staff is always friendly and helpful. This is a good place to get a peaceful nights rest. There are plenty of places to eat close by and shopping is only a couple minutes away.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GM-MTOIL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your wonderful comments along to my staff. Thank you for choosing the Mattoon Hampton Inn. We are so happy to be your friend in town!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel smelled like mildew. Obviously refurbished. Chose some place else. Though less expensive than other Hamptons, truly isn't worth it. Always thought I could rely on the brand. Apparently not. Be choosy. Pays. Other hotels next door. Wish I would have stayed there. Staff was great though. That is consistent!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GM-MTOIL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that during your stay, the freshness of our property was of concern to you and that there was an unpleasant mildew odor. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a great place to stop and stay the night when you are on the road. The rooms are clean, spacious, and cozy. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was good with a nice verity of foods to eat. The beds are firm and very clean. The shower was clean and so where the towels. I am a value shopper and I look for the best hotel at the lowest price and the Hampton Inn in Mattoon Illinois is a good deal. I will stay here again next time I am on the road and passing through Illinois.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GM-MTOIL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us as much as you enjoyed have you here. I will be sure to pass your review on to our staff. It's always nice to see their hard is noticed. Thank you for staying at the Mattoon Hampton Inn. We are happy to be your friend in town!

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Pros
Quick check in
Comfy beds and pillows
Dark, quiet room
Close to some restaurants and gas stations
Ample parking

Cons
Small indoor pool, a few people in the pool and it becomes crowded
Ice machines out of order
Room seems small with the two queen beds, would be even more crowded if staying more than a night

Average stuff
Breakfast was simple
Staff

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank PsychMike71

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I'm happy to see you had a pleasant stay with us. We always strive to make sure our guests have a good experience when staying at our property. Thank you for choosing the Mattoon Hampton Inn and I hope you get another opportunity to stay with us!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

staff seemed to be doing a good job however all rooms smelled, some much worse than others. My brother had to switch rooms to 1 that was just a lttle less smelly. our softball organization had many rooms and all seemed to have the same smell complaints. they did allow people to move to other rooms if available but all rooms smelled it was just different degrees of smell. they did not provide new towels or make beds the following day. we got back late after softball all day and had no clean towels to shower and un made beds.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robert B
GM-MTOIL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I deeply regret that my team and I did not earn an excellent rating and regret any issues that you experienced during your stay with us. I definitely will use it as a training tool for myself and my staff and that I have taken all the necessary steps to ensure if you are ever back in the area, we make sure those areas of concern are no longer.