“Interesting”

Hampton Inn Mattoon
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Mattoon
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

This is in an area of a few hotels. Hotel is older but clean. I paid for the bigger room. It's nice. Not sure how the others are set up but convenient location right off I 57. Breakfast area is very updated and spacious. Looks like it was just renovated.

• Stayed: May 2013
GM-MTOIL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad you were able to see our newly renovated lobby. While the construction side is complete, there are still a few items we are waiting on to complete the project. We are excited for our guests to see the final results. Thank you for choosing the Mattoon Hampton Inn and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This Hampton hotel is excellent! Rooms are spacious and spotless. Beds are very comfortable! High speed internet really is high speed! Staff very friendly! Breakfast buffet is awesome! We've stayed here before and will continue to stay here when we visit the Mattoon area. Thanks Hampton and Hilton!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GM-MTOIL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you here. I will be sure to let the staff see your wonderful comments so they can see the good work they are doing. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had a nice stay, as always, at the Hampton Inn Mattoon. I'm down here for a journalism conference each year and make a point of staying at this hotel. Clean rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff, easy check in and check out, reasonable prices, just a nice place to stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GM-MTOIL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the hotel. We appreciated your patience as we finished with the construction of our new lobby! I'm happy to hear you enjoy staying here every year and our great service doesn't change. Thank you for choosing the Mattoon Hampton Inn and we look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel is in terrible condition. The breakfast is terrible and there is no place to sit and enjoy the morning. The lobby is nearly impassable and guests should never be allowed in the lobby. The noise on the lower floor is constant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GM-MTOIL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you were inconvenienced by some of the construction you experienced while staying with us. As you could tell we are currently going through renovations of our lobby and I do regret if this caused you any inconveniences. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed one night and had no problems. The hotel staff was friendly, the room was clean, and we had no complaints. There are several restaurants (Wendy's, Cody's Roadhouse, Waffle House) adjacent to the hotel [you could walk, we drove]. Wi-fi in the room was fast. I noticed a minor problem with the shower in our room, and upon checking out, I mentioned it to the desk clerk so maybe someone might want to look at it. The Clerk listened intently and wrote down exactly what I relayed to her. That impressed me, and I suspect the problem got fixed not long after we left. I recommend this hotel to all travelers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-MTOIL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review. We're always glad to hear about anything our guests experience during their stays. I will be sure to pass your review on to the rest of the staff so they can see what a great job they are doing. We recently upgraded our Wi-fi so I'm glad to hear it's running smoothly. If there is anything you can think of that would have made your stay better, please let us know. Thank you for choosing the Mattoon Hampton Inn and we hope you get a chance to stay with us again!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Clean, well maintained hotel. Traveled with my nieces and got the spot next door to the pool which they loved. The hotel is conveniently located off the interstate with shopping and restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Unlike a lot of hotels, even located next to the breakfast area and pool we heard very little noise...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank slourash

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you. Happy to see your nieces had a great time in the pool. If there is anything you can think of that could make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know. Thank you for your visit and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stopped at the Mattoon Hampton Inn after a very long day on the road. Jo at the front desk was very nice about a special request. Beautiful room and my benchmark for a great ammenity,a bathroom nightlight was met, Great night on the gold standard Hampton Inn's bed. keep up the good work

Room Tip: 3rd floor in back, away from highway
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-MTOIL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us as much as we enjoyed having you as our guest. I was happy to see that Jo was able to accommodate your request to ensure a pleasant stay. I will sure to pass this along to the rest of our staff. Thank you for staying at the Mattoon Hampton Inn and we hope you get a chance to stay with us again!

Hampton Inn - Mattoon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mattoon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon
#2 of 2 in Charleston
Suite Dreams Hotel
Suite Dreams Hotel
#7 of 9 in Mattoon

Been to Hampton Inn Mattoon? Share your experiences!