All reviewsfront deskgreat hotelthe breakfast areathe hotel staffroom was cleaneastern illinois universityother hotelsnice staystaff was very friendlyrestaurants and shoppingcookiesoatmealconvenient locationbed and pillowsking roomstayed one nightoff the highway
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Kentucky and our stay couldn't have been better. Rooms were impeccably clean and in working order. Pool was in fantastic shape. The breakfast was excellent and staff was on hand to clean tables and assist with any needs. Could not recommend this hotel more!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DianeB98765
GM-MTOIL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. I always love knowing our guests see our hard work to keep this hotel looking great for all our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you get a chance to visit us again.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Well I rate this hotel a 5 star but that's in comparison to other similiar hotels. It's not a Drake in Chicago. The staff are so friendly and the front desk clerk tonight steered me to a very good local steakhouse and even gave me a discount coupon! My room is very good sized and clean. It smells fresh and I don't think that's easy in 97 degree weather! I didn't go into the pool but I looked at it and the area is very clean and, again, smells fresh. I accidently went into the Comfort Suites (next door) upon arrival and there is no comparison in the lobbies. The Hampton is inviting. I highly recommend this hotel if you find yourself in Mattoon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dkuchs

Thank you so much for your review. We always love hearing from our guests. Thank you for noticing the hard work and pride we put into our hotel. I will be sure to show your review to the staff. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Our family was extremely impressed with this hotel. The pool was a perfect temperature, rooms were clean, best breakfast omelets, friendly staff, and the towels were soooo soft! I would recommend your stay at this hotel. We will definitely be going back when we visit Mattoon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review. It's always nice to hear from guests what a great job we are doing. I will be sure to let everyone know how much you liked staying here. Thank you for letting us be your friend in town! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

the best breakfast ever at a hotel,super nice staff

Room Tip: al are great at this hotel nice pool two
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to give a review of the Mattoon Hampton Inn. I will be sure to let the breakfast staff know how much you enjoyed the breakfast. I will also let the entire staff know what a great job they are doing. I am glad you were able to enjoy the pool with this incredibly hot weather we've been having. We hope you get a chance to stay with us again soon!

Kim Fanelli
Hampton Inn - Mattoon

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I visit Mattoon once a year for business. I always stay at the Mattoon Hampton Inn. Their staff is always friendly. The complimentary breakfast has healthy options and their is a great running trail behind the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. I will be sure to pass your comments to the staff. They always appreciate hearing good feedback about their work. Thank you for being a loyal guest. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. We look forward to seeing you again next year!