“I was not happy with the price , I stay at other hotels...”
Review of Super 8 Mattoon

Super 8 Mattoon
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Mattoon
Rantoul
“I was not happy with the price , I stay at other hotels...”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was not happy with the price , I stay at other hotels with 2 dobles or king for that price . Also at ten PM they was vacming the hall . . I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS ONE AGAIN .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

davispat, General Manager at Super 8 Mattoon, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your response. Your input is very important to us. Thanks again and we hope to see you again in your future travels.
Patti Davis - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mountain Iron, Minnesota
Reviewed March 20, 2013

i stayed at hotel the room smelled of must and mildew.i got up to breakfast and milk was out,no cinnamon rolls,lobby was a mess.the lady that was on duty in morning rolled her eyes when i asked for some rolls.as me and my 5 year old daughter were eating we could here her cussing and yelling at someone bout messing something up on computer.we went back to our room to only be woke up at 930 to this lady yelling down the hallway to a housekeeper.i will never stay at this hotel again,it is evidently ran very badly.only good thing bout stay was my check in girl than was very polite and fast.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
davispat, General Manager at Super 8 Mattoon, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I apologize for any issure regarding your stay. We strive to see our guests have the most positive experience possible. You are very important to us. Please accept my utmost apology and give us another chance to show you what a great place to stay we truley are.
Patti Davis - GM

Travelers are raving about these Mattoon hotels

Central IL
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The Good: Early evening desk clerk very helpful and friendly, good selection of cable channels, convenient to I-57, EIU, places to eat, bed relatively comfortable, fairly cheap <$60.

The Bad: Bare bones breakfast, dirty (hair in tub, sticky bathroom floor), THE NOISIEST dang hotel I've ever slept in. My God, there must be zero insulation in that building because it sounded like there were a team of decorators and furniture movers up all night on the entire second floor, and I could hear someone snoring in another room on ground floor.

The UGLY: I know ALL hotels wash the comforters/bedspreads very infrequently, so they always get pulled off before I go to bed, but I about freaked out because in the morning I see on the top edge of the blanket a sticky whitish crust of God knows what that had been within a foot or two of my face. I can only sleep at night now by telling myself it was some blob of food. For the love of Mike, wash the linens they're overdue.

Room Tip: I've only had ground floor--the noise from above it outrageous. I would, in fact, suggest a sli...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
davispat, Manager at Super 8 Mattoon, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I am so sorry for your experience with us. We strive to see that our guests have a positive stay and the most pleasant experience possible. We would like to show you what a truly great place to stay we are and hope you will give us another chance. Again, I apologize for any issue.
Patti Davis - GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mattoon
Baymont Inn & Suites Mattoon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon
Days Inn Charleston
Days Inn Charleston
#1 of 2 in Charleston

Been to Super 8 Mattoon? Share your experiences!