“Tried it yet again.”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Soups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Steak house so I ordered a rib eye the first time we stayed. Thin cut and not even close to medium rare. Next time we were there I ordered the prime rib. Medium well this time and noticeably nuked. We'll probably try somewhere else next time through Mattoon.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We had reservations after our daughter's graduation from EIU. There was a party of six, all with different tastes and food desires. Upon entering, I thought it might be another "Texas"-style place. But, happily, it was a comfortable atmosphere with an excellent menu ranging from chicken-fingers to salmon to prime rib to anything you might desire. Everyone ordered something different, as expected, and everyone said their entree was delicious. It was especially nice of our server, Mason, to bring out the Graduation cake we brought to surprise our daughter. (Some restaurants wouldn't allow you to bring in desserts - another BIG plus to the Alamo!!)

Although we may not visit the EIU area again for a while, if we are in that area we will make time to eat at Alamo!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Alamo is a great restaurant to go to if you are wanting something a little better than the normal fair. It has great Appetizers (my husband and I really like the Q-4-U which are ribs with potatoes - yum!). We have yet to have a bad meal here and have tried several of their entree's.

1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The last time I was there, it was extremely hot outside. I believe the air conditioning was having trouble maintaining a pleasant temperature....as were most restaurants and retails stores. My husband and I both enjoyed our meals.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The food is over priced and horrible. I can't believe they are still open. They serve steaks that come individually packed frozen. They definitely do not know how to blacken anything. Place is outdated and dirty.

1  Thank Paula P

Been to Alamo? Share your experiences!