“Just Okay”

Dining options: Reservations
Huntley, Illinois
“Just Okay”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This restaurant is supposed to be known for their BBQ but I was not impressed. The beef brisket was dry and did not appear to have been smoked at all, not a good value at $15+. The baked beans were bland as well. Service was outstanding; our waitress was attentive and patient, even with a somewhat messy 2-year-old. The decor is nice as well. Perhaps if I had ordered something different I might have liked the restaurant more.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rusty A

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Down Home Feeling”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The staff is very friendly & willing to make necessary changes to your meal. My Mom & sister ordered the sirloin steak dinner , but when they both said the meat was tough , our waiter asked if they wanted to speak to a manager. They opted not to , as they had already finished eating.
This restaurant is right off I-57 in Mattoon, IL, so if you are driving along this interstate , you won't have far to drive for something to eat.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Wilee13
Mattoon, Illinois
“A great experience”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had a party in one of their back banquet rooms yesterday. There were about 33 people. The service was flawless as was the food. Ask about lunch specials. They aren't on the menu but most are around $6.99. I had a chicken breast smothered in onions and mushrooms served on a bed of rice with green beans and a salad and scrumptious rolls with cinnamon butter....all for $6.99. Can't beat that. Didn't walk away hungry. One server took care of our party and he was awesome. Very attentive to all of our needs. No mistakes. Food was hot. Just an overall great experience. It's a great location for those coming off interstate 57. Take the ramp and it's very easy to get to. They also have a small bar with seating there as well.

• Visited May 2013
Charleston, Illinois
“Quality has gone down over the years”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

For along time, Cody's was the standby if you wanted to go somewhere decent to eat in Mattoon. The quality of food and service has gone down over the years and we don't go there anymore unless it has been for a party hosted there (work has held Christmas parties there for years). Stadium Grill is a much better choice in Mattoon - cheaper, better food, & better service.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank kris4913
Farmer City, Illinois
“Codys near EIU”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Took my daughter here for a dinner yesterday. Location was an old Bonanza building some 15 years ago. Interior was comfy. Food was reasonably priced. Service was excellent. Reminded me of a Texas Roadhouse atmosphere. Free peanuts, rolls with cinammon butter...Since I like Texas Roadhouse, I thought this place was good.

• Visited April 2013