“terrible”

Cracker Barrel and Country Store
Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in Mattoon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 10, 2013

we went to cracker barrel after shopping at home depot. the waiter came and took our order and broughts our drinks. forty five mintes later our waiter had not returned to check on our drinks or served us our food.we checked with a diffrent waitress and she said our order was lost. we got up and left without eating a thing because we still had a one hour drive home. the store didn't have very many costumers.we will never return

3  Thank paul m

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Service and food are always great. Nice thing about Cracker Barrel is where ever you go, the consistency is something you can count on. Best dumplin's and lima beans ever.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have serious allergies, so eating out is challenging. A few years ago, Cracker Barrel corporate helped me identify what I could eat at their restaurants. As a result, I seek out Cracker Barrels across the nation and order the same few things. Even so, it's necessary that some modifications be made when my meal is prepared. The waitress at this Cracker Barrel was very careful to convey my needs to the kitchen, and they prepared my meal the way I needed it. It was very good, and I appreciate their willingness to help me out.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Always happy with Cracker Barrel. Easy in and out, close to where we deer hunt. WIll definetely keep going.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Look, you can go into one in any state and not look out the window, and think you are in the one in your hometown. There's something wonderful about the consistency of Cracker Barrel.

Matton's Cracker Barrel is always busy and almost always consistent with their food. Once in a while the waitstaff is inexperienced and will make mistakes. Usually they are good about handling them and correcting what needs to be done.

The last visit, about 2 weeks ago, was a normal experience. We did go when there were a lot of people there but the food was served quickly. Only complaint was that it sat out for a while and the potatoes and corn were cold. Also, the bacon which goes on top of the smoked BBQ chicken was hard as a rock. Literally couldn't bend it...it broke like it was petrified rock. I sent it back and got fresh bacon, not a problem.

Overall we do tend to eat at Cracker Barrel simply because we know what to expect no matter what part of the country we are in. Consistent and Clean.