“I think someone listened”
Review of Stadium Grill

Stadium Grill
Ranked #7 of 67 Restaurants in Mattoon
Cuisines: American
Description: Good local dining
Description: Good local dining
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I wrote a while back that the quality of food had slipped. The overcooked frozen goo called "steamed mixed vegitables" got replaced back with steamed fresh brocolli and baby carrots like always in the past. Yea!! Chicken strips rocked. Everyones food was great and we had a party of 8. Waitresses still need to spend more time on the floor and less waiting on meals all grouped together in the kitchen entrance.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Been to Stadium Grill multiple times. Always been please with the meal and service. Plus they also change the channel to allow me to watch the LSU Tigers. Will contine to go.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We have tried and tried to like the Stadium Grill. It seems every time we go it is a giant disappointment. Last time we went our steaks came out raw. I swear all the did was flip them over and send them out. And getting our server to come back so we could tell her took a very long time. The time before we had terrible service. No one came to our table to take our order. Steer clear of this place. There are other places to eat that are way better.

1  Thank Jane C
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have always had pretty good food at the Stadium Grill with few exceptions. You'll never get a hot baked potato. It will be warm but I have never had a steamy hot one. I've overheard others ask the waitress for a hot baked potato so I know it isn't just me. It's not just a few times either. Never order coffee. No one I know can stomach it. It has a bitter taste. They need to change brands or grinds. This goes way back. The chicken strips really do rock. They are awesome but the full adult meal is too much for one. For a smaller portion order the appetizer. It comes with one side. 4 big strips would fill anyone up to a comfortable level. I thought the food had slipped quite a bit the last two times being there. I hope the owner isn't focused all on his new restaurant next door and letting this one slip. A few things for him to focus on: The fresh steamed broccoli has become frozen yuck lacking texture and taste. The corn and apple sauce are canned and couldn't be worse. The salads are good. The wings are good. A manager is never visible. You have no sense of anyone being in charge. No one has ever come around asking about the meal.

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Most of the time the food is good. The chicken strips are a favorite but the steaks- you just never know if its going to be good or not. Watch the wood flooring. I'm not the only one that has fell down. No one offered to help at all. Someone else slipped right after I did.My knees were bruised for more than a month.

1  Thank Paula P

Been to Stadium Grill? Share your experiences!