“Excellent facility”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Mattoon
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were forced off I-57 due to the weather and spent the night here. They were very accommodating and wonderful people. The property was very clean and the pool area was a definite plus. The breakfast also was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Delia B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are glad you enjoyed your stay despite the horrible weather conditions! We hope to see you again if you are passing through the area.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Stopped on our way to WI from GA. Nice and clean very friendly staff!Loved relaxing in the hot tub and good breakfast too! We will stop here again for sure on our trips to visit family. We felt safe and secure! I will recommend this hotel to others traveling this way.

Stayed: December 2013
Delia B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words, they are appreciated. Our staff works hard to create a nice clean atmosphere for guests. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our hot tub and breakfast! We look forward to seeing you on your next stop through!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stay at this hotel yearly when I visit family. This stay: hotel is still clean and comfortable-no frills but very convenient location. The breakfast buffet offered a good variety of foods-quick breakfast and on my way each day. The staff was pleasant and helpful. This trip I used the business center (room): The computer keyboard and network were extremely slow, which made for slow check in for my flight/printing documents. :(. All in all, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Delia B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property on TripAdvisor. We are always happy to hear feedback and that your stay was comfortable and clean! We hope to be seeing you next year when you visit your family!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times on business over the last 3-4 years. I have also, occassionly, been able to bring my family with me. The hotel is always clean. Which is my top priority. The beds are comfortable. My family also enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Delia B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

We are happy to hear you always choose us for your lodging needs! We are always glad to have you here! We strive to keep our property clean and comfortable for guests! Thank you for taking time to give us a good review and we will see you next time you are in town!

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I needed a room last minute and the friendly staff were great at accommodating my needs. The rooms were very clean and nice. They offer free wi-fi, which you don't even get in the expensive hotels. Lastly I was very impressed with their express check out, if my bill I got under my door was correct I didn't need to even stop at the desk on my way out!

Stayed: September 2013
Delia B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are glad your stay was efficient and accomadating! We always love to hear when your stay has ran smoothly and we hope to see you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I were looking to have a night out and a clean comfortable room to stay in and we couldn't have been more happy with the room at this hotel. The atmosphere was clean and orderly and the room was a good size. My husband and I went for a swim in the very well maintained pool and a dip in the hot tub. The bathroom was spacious and very clean with Bath and Body Works products available through the hotel. I forgot my razor and shave gel and the front desk staff was eager to provide a set for me. We enjoyed a great night's sleep on the spacious bed. In the morning we were pleased to find a delicious hot breakfast complete with eggs, bacon and biscuits and gravy (besides the normal waffles, cereal, toast..ect). Our checkout was a breeze thanks to the polite front desk staff and we were on our way!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Delia B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! It was a pleasure to accommodate you on your night away! We are glad your found it clean and relaxing! We are very excited that this year we are partners with Bath and Body Works for our amenities. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The staff was super friendly and very accommodating. The room was very clean, the pool and hot tub were relaxing, and the location was close to everything we needed. The breakfast was perfect for all ages. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us! Your compliments are genuinely appreciated! Our staff tries hard to provide an inviting atmosphere where guests get a clean, comfortable stay! We can't wait to see you the next time your are in the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mattoon
Hampton Inn Mattoon
#2 of 2 in Charleston
Suite Dreams Hotel
Suite Dreams Hotel
#7 of 9 in Mattoon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon? Share your experiences!