Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Matteson
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Patricia.”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

i stayed in your inn a few days. Patricia at desk was very kind. thank you. It was nice stay and had a good time cause of Patricia the lady at the front desk. i'd stay again.i went back to buy a grave and we talked about life is short and we need to take care of bussiness now while we are alive.i live in florida st petersburg and was born and lived chicago. there before join the usmc.viet nam.i love the south side.

Room Tip: south side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel itself is not bad- it's the restaurant/bar and the ghetto bar inside. It looks like the management is trying to clean the hotel. I stayed back in March and also had a terrible experience, but I had also heard from fellow truck drivers that it was under new management so I figured I would give them another chance. The landscaping has been cleaned up and the parking lot is in the process of being repaved and restriped. The front desk service was a bit slow checking me in and also at check out, but they seemed to have new staff members so I let it slide. The restaurant/bar area leaves ALOT to be desired though. During breakfast the floor was disgusting and had a sticky residue like they hadn't mopped after closing out the bar from the previous night. The picture frames are full of dust. I called down for room service for dinner service, the phone rang and rang and rang. I finally got through after the 5th call down only to get an answer from a very rude woman. They took my order and said it would be right up. After 1 hour 45 minutes and SEVERAL phone calls down, I never received my food. Feeling tired and very angry at this point, I put my jeans and shirt on and came downstairs. The place was packed! I explained my frustration to a woman who said she was "the manager" however she was the worst person to deal with!! When I finally received my food order, I opted to go back to my room as there were several sketchy people hanging around. At 2 am I walked outside to smoke and again there were several strange characters hanging around. I am presuming I witnessed a drug deal of some sorts going down in the back parking lot, there were a few cars parked and sketchy characters exchanging items. I came in to tell the front desk, but no one was around. Being that I park my truck and I know of other drivers that are being told to park in that area, this made me feel very uneasy. Clean up the bar/restaurant and maybe I will return, but not likely.

Room Tip: Your better off staying in Tinley Park.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Austin D,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I am an ongoing business client of this hotel establishment. I chose to stay here because of the service. The rooms are average the suites the same. On average the rooms are clean but a little outdated, however this hotel is still undergoing a renovation. Many people come in and stay for a day maybe two, and are not seeing the bigger picture. I have stayed at this facility off an on for about 3 months and have seen it change so much in this time period. With the new management take firm hold of the updates.
Even though the rooms are a little outdated you still receive free WiFi, a flat screen tv, and only minor adjustments to carpet and curtains maybe some light fixtures and bathroom fixtures.
Now why i stay: The STAFF....I cannot say enough about the staff. One that stands out in particular. A young man named Joel. This kid is SHARP, always extremely well dressed, well spoken and even bi-lingual. He always presents a friendly smile and positive attitude. His professional attitude and demeanor will surely have him climbing the company ladder 2 rungs at a time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Quebec city Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

A bit far from dowtown,but with the bus trip i was on was no matter.only bad thing i could say it thet for breakfast i would give 1 out of 10.room was ok we stay 3 nights i would go back because price was ok.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear renald101,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your valuable comments regarding breakfast and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Chicago Heights, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Usually my kids (under age 9) would go to the Tinley Park IL. location, however this time we wanted to try the Matteson location! BIG MISTAKE!!!! The room was dirty, like it had not been cleaned for months! We could not swim in the pool because of the numerous pool parties but worst of all, it was too many unsupervised kids in the pool jumping in and on top of the smaller kids in the pool which was very dangerous. Later that same night the pool was broken so we were not able to swim.
The hotel's dinning hall did not honor the "Kids eat Free"! I had to argue with the my waiter about the kids free and had to wait for approval with the manager! On top of all of that, my kids and I got sick off of the food! My daughter threw up everywhere and all night! I asked the front desk staff did they have something that may settle her stomach so that she could rest and was treated very rude by the staff, stating that they was not responsible for handing out complimentary meds! (Really!! They could have been nicer about it or pointed me in a direction of the nearest Walgreens or Walmart, which is not far from the hotel) I wanted to check out early because we were sick, but they would have charged me for the room and was going to charge my card. Come to find out that they over charged my credit card and did not refund my money back only after making repeated calls to the manager that handles refund. This took over two weeks for them to issue the refund.
I have never had an experience like this one in all the times m family and I have stayed at any Holiday Inn. This has left a sour taste in my mouth literally!!
This particular location is the worst and we will never visit this one ever again! It was a waste of the price of the two night stay!
This was a stay in hell!!! Next time (if I could even think to stay at another Holiday Inn) we will visit the Tinley Park IL. location! The staff there is much more polite and helpful, and they attend to your complains in a timely matter and there is no issues with the food, or pool!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank M B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear M B,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel experience was a very bad experience. I have tried to contact management numerous times and have gotten no responses back after leaving messages with the front desk personnel. There were lots of issues with things broken, loud people, cigarette smell, and unpleasant personnel. I have yet to get any responses back after leaving reviews too. Holiday Inn advertises the "Hospitality Guarantee" but when you bring it up, they run and make up excuses. I would not recommend Holiday Inn hotels at all especially the Matteson, IL location when you have so many other choices. The Matteson, IL location is only a 1 star establishment. Save you money and stay at a cheap motel as this is what you get here.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear 44256Jeff,

Krysllin G.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I chose this hotel as we were attending a concert at Tinley Park and it seemed like a good option in the area.

It was easy to locate and very close to I30 for access to/from whichever area we wished to travel to.

The hotel exterior and layout seemed very strange and a little dated. It appears to be part of an office complex.

I located the fitness centre and pool however as they were tucked away in what seemed to be a quite remote and isolated part of the hotel I didn't use them. I simply didn't feel comfortable being in an area where nobody was passing by or could see what was happening.

Our room was clean and well appointed. The bathroom was in need of some renovation as the sealant around the bath showed signs of mould.

We experienced two incidents, which although outwith the control of hotel management, almost validated my feelings of discomfort about safety.

The first occurred on the first evening of our stay when I approached our car which was parked right outside the entrance at Bar Louie. 2 youths were hanging around the passenger side of the car. They didn't see me approach immediately and I was upon them very quickly and asked what they were doing. They muttered something about a flat while backing away. There was certainly no flat and in fact it was too dark for them to see anyway. By the time my husband reached me (having stopped off at reception en route) they had got into a car and left.

The second incident occurred on our last day when I was using the guest laundry. I took the washed laundry and placed in in the dryer, returning some 50 minutes later to find it was gone.
Reception were able to tell me that another guest had called to buy detergent. They called the guest in question who denied having seen any other laundry when they used the machines.
While reception staff were investigating my husband and I returned to the laundry only to find access to the room being controlled by 2 teenagers.
They were extremely agitated when I opened the dryer and started to sort through the clothes stating that my laundry was missing and I was checking they hadn't "mixed it up" with theirs.

Well it was no great surprise to find that the laundry I had placed in the dryer almost an hour earlier and had subsequently discovered missing, was found amongst their clothing. It was now soaking wet which they could not explain in any way.

I must mention that the housekeeping supervisor who had become involved in the matter handled the situation well and paid a visit to the room of the guests in question who, of course, were now claiming that their children were responsible for the situation.

Although my belongings were ultimately recovered (albeit it minus some undergarments and sopping wet) this made me feel my unease about some of the guests/people hanging around the hotel was justified.

Whilst no reflection on the hotel staff I can't help but feel the laundry situation wasn't a one off and something future guests should be very wary of.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Gill68,

We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. Guest safety is of the utmost concern to us and we are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced and regret you received a bathroom condition that was less than satisfactory. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate department where great attention will be paid to the matter.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Zelyn N
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matteson
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Matteson
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson
La Quinta Inn Chicago Matteson
Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park
Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center
Best Western Chicago Southland

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center? Share your experiences!