Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Matteson
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Front desk staff is rude and not knowledgeable whatsoever. I cut my long drive a little short to get some rest and catch the Super Bowl, and after checking in and dragging all my stuff down to my room, I discovered that the DON'T HAVE CBS. What?!? Thanks for mentioning that at the front desk. There are so many options in the area that I left. Don't waste your time stopping here!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dana R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Dana R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Thank you!! Keep up the great job. Thank you everyone for always taking care of a weary traveler. I always choose your property whenever I'm in the area...which seems to be all the time.

Very affordable and clean. Comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at this property for the first and last time a few weeks ago. I always make reservations ahead of time, and always make the staff aware in the "Comments" when I'm bringing along my small dog. Upon check-in, I assumed the young man at the desk was aware of my pet being with me. He had nearly completed the process including my upgrade (Platinum member) when I asked if he had included the pet fee. He responded that he hadn't as he wasn't aware that I had a dog. He then informed me that he would have to put me in a 2 double-bed room on the first floor. I asked him if there was a manager I could speak with about it and he said "no". Initially I thought he was simply rude and disinterested, but as the exchange continued, it was apparent that he simply had no experience and was operating by the seat of his pants. As a single woman, I never like staying on the first floor. To add further insult to injury, so to speak, this room was in a separate wing of the hotel, very isolated from EVERYthing, and there were only 2 other vehicles in this back section during my one night stay. The hotel is not in the best area so going in and out was a little unnerving. Had I not already traveled for several hours to get there, I probably would have sought out other lodging.

Aside from all that, my room was, in a word, shabby. I stay almost exclusively at IHG (typically HI or HIE), and while the lobby area of this hotel was as inviting as conference centers can be, my room was the worst I've stayed in in a very long time.

Room Tip: Go elseswhere.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Kate A,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Matteson and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. As a Priority Club Rewards member you are one of our most important guests. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 7, 2013

A very nice hotel. The people are very nice and helpful. The room is clean and the breakfast has a great variety. I like to stay there every time I am in the area about once a week. I prefer this hotel over others in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Pros:
It was a very nice hotel. The rooms were clean and service was excellent. Victoria at the front desk was always a pleasure to deal with. Quiet with free internet; a good place for a business trip.

Cons:
Not a lot of places around in walking distance. Bar Louie (attached to hotel) had okay food, but took forever to get service. Breakfast was not included in price and ordering at Louie's took at least an hour serve food. Restaurant service was terrible.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was amazed on how nice this hotel is...you can tell that everything has recently been renovated and updated...there is the addition of Bar Louie which was nice to get a drink after long day...this property is nothing like what it was before...it will be my place to stay

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The holiday Inn was great. The rooms are affordable, nice, clean, conservative, and there is great customer service such as the service i received from Victoria. Victoria helped me with finding the best room that fits my needs. She also let me take a look at my room before hand, explained the check out, showed me things that were on site such as the pool and the restaurant. Anytime i needed something such as towels, soap, toothbrush or toothpaste it was brought to me in a timely manner. i would definitely go to the holiday Inn again and if you are in the area i would suggest The Holiday to stay.

Room Tip: When visiting the holiday Inn ask for Victoria. She is great, she will assist you in finding the bes...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matteson
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Matteson
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson
La Quinta Inn Chicago Matteson
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Freeport
Baymont Inn & Suites Freeport
Presidential Inn & Suites
Presidential Inn & Suites
#6 of 6 in Matteson

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center? Share your experiences!