Have stayed ~3times now. Last was huge Room403 (double, suite)-photos & video(I hope) attached. Nice price @ <$100 for latest generation Hampton (my fav discount brand) near large city. THE GOOD: all that is typical of Hamptons-'cloud9' bed, bathroom decor & supplies, free hot breakfast (inlc. waffle, oatmeal, & various choices), nice decor, free buffet 'dinner' on Wednesday eves, 4~10 min walk to nearby restaurants, quiet rooms (where I've stayed), very friendly/upbeat staff, parking in back close, seems to be "the meeting place" around area, very convenient to US-30 & I-57. Room 403 had mic oven, frig, wet-bar. THE NOT SO GOOD: Tables, nightstand, & lamps worn-out. [desk in 403 was ready to fall apart until I tightened leg-nuts with multitool. Had swayed >1".] HVAC fan loud even for me who likes 'white noise'. Thermostat controller plain weird. Painfully slow Internet service at peak evening usage times: wired or wireless. I got feeling cleaning is not top priority (slight odor when left HVAC fan off). While I've had decent 'burritos' at previous Wdnsdy evening buffet events, last week's sodium-laden, heat-n-eat meatball sandwhichs were a disappointment, I went to nearby resturant. ("gift horse" refused) "Friendly" staff often seem a bit too casual (some would say "unprofessional") in public-area for some guests. Seems like there are many long-term stay guests, or area friends, gather each night + hotel seems to host plenty of meeting room functions for local groups. Evenings can feel like you fell into a "family reunion party" or church fellowship function - but not your family or church. (haha) Which may be all well 'n good if you're a gregarious & pro-party person. But most nights I wouldn't expect to visit the lobby to have a focused business discussion or quietly sip some coffee while concentrating on emails. One person's party is another's 'nut house'. <smile> For now, I'll be back (with my multitool) next time. Good value for $$.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set just off of I-57, the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland - Matteson hotel in Matteson, IL is your perfect choice just outside of downtown Chicago. All hotel guests can take advantage of our free, hot breakfast buffet daily and 24-hour Suite Shop. Whether you're with us on business or for leisure, you'll enjoy our complimentary WiFi access throughout the hotel. Relax and unwind at our swimming pool, and stay fit in our fitness center. Bring all the comforts of home, we look forward to having you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson Hotel Matteson