Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson
TripAdvisor
$114
$123
Hampton.com
All reviewsfront deskcomplimentary breakfastrecommend this hotelnight's sleepenjoyed my stayclean roomsthe breakfast areafitness roomshopping and restaurantsstay there againcleaning staffgreat place to stayhome away from homeup to dateeasy accessvery nice hotelyogurt
Reviewed June 2, 2011

The staff was friendly and very attentive. We enjoyed our stay under the circumstances; we were in the area for my nephew's funeral. The rooms were clean and the cleaning staff were superb. Selena's hospitality will not be forgotten.

G. Nauden - NY

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2011

You have our deepest sympathy and would like to thank you for the kind words regarding our staff and the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson.

Reviewed May 23, 2011

I am flabbergasted at all of the great reviews this hotel is receiving I am really starting to think they might be paying customers to say good things about this establishment. My family and I stayed there and had a small gathering for my daughters 11th Birthday. Our experience was awful We could not get a front desk clerk or manager after 7pm I guess they were napping or sleeping,They never cleaned the pool area when we got up the next morning so the kids could swim before we left the same towels we used the night before were still laying around there were no fresh towels put out. The gentleman (I am using that term very loosely) that checked us in did so very unprofessionally he basically took my money and gave me a room key. As my husband and I were gathering our luggage the man at the front counter was helping a older Caucasian gentlemen and he was smiling and telling him about the fitness center and the pool as well as what the breakfast choices were etc. WOW why didn't I get that same treatment upon check in? I believe it was because since the African American man decided since him and I were the same color I didn't deserve to have anything explained to me. I also stood at the front counter to get extra towels and pillows for over 20 min and no one ever came my son went back to room called and someone sleepily answered to say he will see if they have any what hotel dosent have extra towels and pillows? And if that wasnt bad enough I decided to let my husband talk me in to using this facility again for my sons birthday party I put in a request it was accepted so I cancel my other appointments only to be e-mailed at 12:45 Sunday saying they have a no party policy and that the response I got was computer generated. Well maybe they shouldn't let the computer generate fictitious proposals. I would not recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank muffya76
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Usually I don't stay in Hampton Inns because they aren't as updated as other chains...this was gorgeous. I was so surprised to find smaller, nice touches like orchids in the bathroom, modern furniture, etc. The staff are terrific too. If II ever need to pass through Matteson again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2011

 We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson. Please return often!

Reviewed January 27, 2011

Quite nice for a 2.5 star rated hotel; it actually exceeded my expectations for the area. Clean, nice modern decor, pleasant staff, breakfast bar (make your own waffles!). It even has a decent work out room and a small lap pool. Conscientious attempts at "green" business practices: was disappointed at first to see disposable tableware for breakfast bar, but then noticed it was biodegradable. Thumbs up! We were traveling for business in Chicago Heights, and the Hampton Inn has very easy access of the highway (I-57); about 1 to 1.5 hours from O'Hare (depending on traffic), about 45 minutes from downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2011

 Your complimentary review of our hotel is much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland/Matteson

Reviewed January 17, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Matteson for the first time, and I must say I was totally impress! It was a party of 9 for my daughter's 16th birthday, an I can definitely say I will be back. Guest service was excellent, I will like to give a special thanks to Janelle for going above an beyond in making our arrival convenient. The rooms decor were amazing an well organized. THANKS HAMPTON INN FOR MAKING OUR STAY ENJOYABLE!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

 We are delighted to know you had a wonderful time here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland/Matteson and hope to see you again when travel plans permit!  We're always looking for ways to identify star performers on our team and will share your positive review with Janelle.