This is the fourth time staying at this location and each time, I have encountered at least one issue that needed attention. I originally chose this location because of the 100% non-smoking policy. In fact it is the only location near my destination of Kansas City Kansas that has this designation. I wish there were another non-smoking choice somewhere in-between Nashville TN and Mascoutah, IL. This trip I encountered a dirty and smelly ladies room (while waiting for the receptionist to check me in early). Inspection of the room brought to my attention two short-comings: 1. I could not turn on the shower mechanism (same issue as the previous trip) but the receptionist did come to my room to look into the issue and recognized that the shower on/off was not easily activated. In addition: 2. The chair was jammed (and not clean) under the table necessary for use of the internet connection. The receptionist was apologetic and pleasant but I don't think either of these items should have been an issue. Last but not least, the "free" breakfast lacked items that other LQ's offer, such as fresh fruit and waffles. There were apples and bananas but both were well over their peak freshness and unacceptable. Overall, I will try to find another place to stay next time I travel from Atlanta to Kansas City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Mascoutah/SAFB. Located five minutes from Scott Air Force Base, McKendree University, Mid America Airport, and just 20 minutes from Downtown St. Louis, our hotel has all the desirable amenities to ensure your stay with us is an exciting and enjoyable one. Whether you are here on business, vacationing with the family, or stopping to rest for the night, let us help make your stay with us fantastic!Are you visiting Scott Air Force Base? Would you like to visit the many antique shops in historic downtown Lebanon, or visit McKendree University? All of these attractions are within just minutes of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Mascoutah/SAFB. And while you're here, you may want to check out Southern Illinois' largest shopping mall, St. Clair Square, which is located just a short drive away in Fairview Heights. Whatever your agenda, you can be confident that the BEST WESTERN PUS Mascoutah/SAFB has the means to provide you with a clean, quiet comfortable stay. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Mascoutah/SAFB is one of the areas’ newest hotels and boasts free breakfast, free wireless high-speed Internet, free local calls, free parking, refrigerators in every room, a business center, guest laundry room, heated indoor swimming pool, fitness center, and we are also pet friendly! Our rooms come standard with premium cable channels on a new 37-inch flat screen television, coffee makers, dataport phones, hairdryers, iron and ironing boards, as well as alarm clocks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Best Western, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Mascoutah/SAFB reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Mascoutah Hotel Mascoutah
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Mascoutah