“WHAT HAPPENED ?” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Seating, Takeout
METROPOLIS, Illinois, USA
“WHAT HAPPENED ?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Once was a very good place to go for chinese and a good variety of american food!however the last 3 times things have not been very good at all, food was dried up and the appearance was more than lacking. I may try one more time next month but for now i will be staying away. SERVICE HAS ALSO GONE VERY DOWN HILL, i REALLY HOPE THINGS CHANGE FOR THE BETTER . i'LL LET YA KNOW.

• Visited September 2012

“Yuck.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

We went there once and won't be back. It felt dirty. The food was not horrible but not good - I don't know what the other reviewers had that was 'great.' Service was poor. Desserts looked so very bad - we didn't take any of them.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Southern Illinois
“Service lacking...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Great buffet, large. Love being able to get fried chicken and chinese noodles in the same restaurant! Wait staff leaves some to be desired though...I don't remember even getting one refill on my soft drink.

Marion
“Food Is Great...Some Service Issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

In reviewing this restaurant, I am addressing 2 separate visits. The first was on 02/08/12 at around 6:50 pm. My husband and I walked in at a time when there were very few customers. We stood at then register waiting for a cashier...and we waited...and we waited...and we waited. Employees saw us standing there, but no one welcomed us or came to take our payment...NOTHING!! After waiting for almost 10 minutes, we walked out and went to another oriental restaurant close by. I found this lack of customer service inexcusable.

Our next visit was yesterday, 02/19/12. We went with a group of friends. There was a line of people; and amazingly, everyone got waited on very quickly. The food was delicious, and the server that waited on our tables was prompt and courteous. No problems during this visit. If I had to rate the restaurant based on this visit alone, I would have given it a 5. But the previous visit left a bad taste in my mouth...so I can't in good faith give them higher than a 4.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Not much to brag about hear.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stoped by yesterday afternoon for their lunch buffet after a year of self impossed absence to see if they improved. A big mistake again. Employee smiles are so scarce that one has to wonder why. Several stir fried items like the string beans were cold. Deserts and salad selections were kept appealing looking. Strangely, half of the seating (one side) was playing bingo during my time there dineing. My wife and I left without inquiring about the bingo thing.

• 3 of 5 bubbles