“Service lacking...”

Dining options: Buffet, Takeout
Southern Illinois
“Service lacking...”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Great buffet, large. Love being able to get fried chicken and chinese noodles in the same restaurant! Wait staff leaves some to be desired though...I don't remember even getting one refill on my soft drink.

Marion
“Food Is Great...Some Service Issues”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

In reviewing this restaurant, I am addressing 2 separate visits. The first was on 02/08/12 at around 6:50 pm. My husband and I walked in at a time when there were very few customers. We stood at then register waiting for a cashier...and we waited...and we waited...and we waited. Employees saw us standing there, but no one welcomed us or came to take our payment...NOTHING!! After waiting for almost 10 minutes, we walked out and went to another oriental restaurant close by. I found this lack of customer service inexcusable.

Our next visit was yesterday, 02/19/12. We went with a group of friends. There was a line of people; and amazingly, everyone got waited on very quickly. The food was delicious, and the server that waited on our tables was prompt and courteous. No problems during this visit. If I had to rate the restaurant based on this visit alone, I would have given it a 5. But the previous visit left a bad taste in my mouth...so I can't in good faith give them higher than a 4.

• Visited February 2012
“Not much to brag about hear.”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stoped by yesterday afternoon for their lunch buffet after a year of self impossed absence to see if they improved. A big mistake again. Employee smiles are so scarce that one has to wonder why. Several stir fried items like the string beans were cold. Deserts and salad selections were kept appealing looking. Strangely, half of the seating (one side) was playing bingo during my time there dineing. My wife and I left without inquiring about the bingo thing.

Marion, IL
“We will NOT go to this restaurant again!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We have frequently eaten at this restaurant with two other couples, but will NOT go there again. Tonight (July 15th) my wife opted for the dinner with crab legs and I had the regular dinner. As soon as we sat down, the waitress brought my wife a place of crab legs. She ate all she wanted, and asked if I would like to finish them off. She did not return for additional crab legs - just the ones the waitress brought to her. I hated to see them wasted, so ate one. Immediately we were surrounded by numerous employees and (I assume) the manager. He embarrased us greatly, speaking in a voice that all in the restaurant could hear, and proceeded to complain about my eating the left over crab leg, which we had paid for. I understand that some people may take advantage and try to feed a whole table by going back for more - this was NOT the case with us. If I had opted to eat crab legs, I would have gladly paid for them and I would definitely eated more than one plate! What did they intend to do with my wife's scraps - put them back in the pot again??? We were very upset and the manager and all the 'crab police' sure owe us an apology!!!

• Visited July 2011
Carterville, Illinois
“Best Chinese food around plus home cooked american cusine”
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I never was a fan of chinese food until I was taken to the restraunt. Food is wonderful. No other chinese buffet around are you going to find chicken and dumplings, mashed potatoes and gravy, mac and cheese, and fried chicken! The chinese food is so much better than any other restraunt. Great pepper chicken and noodles! My favorite buffet around.

• Visited April 2011

Been to Wok N Roll? Share your experiences!