“Great place”
Review of Drury Inn Marion

Drury Inn Marion
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed December 23, 2008

We were on the road from Chicago to Cairo on Thanksgiving. Had made a reservation in Benton which turned out to be awful so we decided to go further down the road. So glad we did. Ended up at this Drury in Marion which was clean, friendly and extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank castorbean
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn Marion

Reviewed October 24, 2008

Great location with easy access to Interstate 57, with outstanding service, a wonderful staff and so many free amenities. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. For the price, this is the best and finest hotel in the Marion/Carbondale area in my opinion. Also an indoor pool/hot tub.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ILBoomerTraveller
Reviewed October 8, 2008

After some disappointing stays at other hotels during our trip, we feel rescued by the Drury Hotel in Marion, IL. It offers all the features that make an enjoyable and comfortable stay. Friendly helpful staff, quality in details, cleanliness, security, amenities galore including free wi-fi, well furnished rooms, comfortable beds, and a great complimentary breakfast beyond the stale fare of other are the things that make this place great. I want to mention the large flat screen televisions in the room that is a welcomed bonus. For all they offer and compared to what I paid elsewhere and got far less, the Drury Hotel in Marion is a bargain. I even extended my stay because we finally found a great place for our visit. In fact, when my travels take me this way again, I will only schedule the trip knowing I can stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank astbear
Reviewed August 4, 2008

I was in Southern Illinois for some personal business in Carbondale. I stayed at this Drury Inn in Marion right off of Interstate 57.

Check in was very fast and the staff was helpful. Room is a bit small, but very clean. King bed. Large digital TV. No high def service yet that I could tell.

The hotel provides guests with free internet access and does have Wi-Fi. They have a managers reception but I was unable to attend. Free breakfast in the mornings. Free long distance phone service.

Southern Illinois University in Carbondale is only about a 15 to 20 minute drive down Route 13.

Overall for the one night I stayed it was very good.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2008

We stayed at this property for a "girls' night" and were very impressed. It has lots of extras (3 free happy hour drinks, free soda, popcorn, chips and salsa, veggies, snack mix, etc., free breakfast, wifi, and more!). The beds were very comfortable also. We did hear some hallway noise from kids running, etc, but it was nothing out of the ordinary. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2006

We stayed at this hotel while traveling for the Thanksgiving holidays. As is typical from my experience, this Drury Inn was clean and well maintained. The staff were helpful, there was free soda and popcorn in the lobby and the family felt safe and secure.

Two problems were noted during our one night stay. First, both beds were very soft...to the point that I would consider the mattresses and springs to be ready for disposal. It was difficult to sleep, and I ended up with a sore back that lasted for three days.

The second problem was the free internet. The wireless signal was so weak that no connection could be made. I have often found Drury Inns to provide both wireless and ethernet connections, but in this room only wireless was "available". If it had not been so late when we checked in, this would have been a major inconvenience.

Based upon my experiences, I will continue to stay in Drury properties, but will avoid the property in Marion.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
KimChappell, eMarketing Coordinator at Drury Inn Marion, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2006

My name is Kim Chappell and I am the eMarketing Coordinator for Drury Hotels. The mattresses used in our rooms are specially made for Drury Hotels! We do check on the quality of the mattresses and replace as needed. The Drury Inn Marion does offer guests free wireless Internet access in the lobby and free high-speed Internet connection in the guest rooms. We do have a 24 hour Internet help desk available for questions concerning Internet access.

Reviewed August 20, 2006

In a word--Wonderful! and worth the money! Attentive customer service, great amenities, courteous staff, very comfortable beds, convenient mcrowave and refrigerator, loved the pool and spa. Everything was very clean, enjoyed the hot breakfast , free beverages and snacks. It was a nice mini-vacation at an attractive hotel great price and will definitely stay there again! Only 20 minutes to SIU Carbondale campus. This was my alternate hotel choice--I'm very glad I made the switch after being disappointed at another hotel.

8  Thank Truthful1