“Great hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Austin, Texas
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We usually stay at another pet-friendly hotel chain, but they did not have a location in this area so we ended up at the Drury. It was such an amazing experience that I plan on staying at Drurys more often. The front desk personnel were super friendly both at check-in and check-out. The rooms were clean and well kept although the furniture style is outdated and looks like my grandparents house ;)

They have free drinks/food during their happy hour and complimentary breakfast as well.
This hotel is very close to the highway for easy on/off access and close to a number of restaurants, etc.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bree4201

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at Drury Inns several times. The rooms are always nice, clean, and comfortable. The staff at the Marion Drury Inn were all very friendly. We love the extra perks the Drury Inn provides. We had been on the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail and decided to stay in Marion because they had a Drury Inn. We definitely will stay here again!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jixny
Theodosia,
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was our first experience staying at the Drury Inn. We loved it! We travel quite abit and now we try to plan our route to include a Drury Inn. We wish they had more of them. And it is nice to know we can stay with our dog. Highly recommed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I like Drury Inns. They are always clean, comfortable and offer wonderful breakfasts and kick back hours with free drinks and food. The Marion Drury Inn offers all that and more. The "more" is the friendliness and attentive service, so much so that I wondered whether this inn was family owned because all the staff had a vested interest in their guests. I stayed at the inn two nights, so I know.

Here are some examples: We checked in about 5:30 p.m. as the kick back hour was starting. By the time we cleaned up and came down for a drink, lots of people were already enjoying the food and drink and we wondered what would be left. Not to worry. There was a complete catering staff refilling all warming trays, as the manager came from behind the front desk to help with drinks and walk from table to table, making sure everyone had what they needed.
The scene was no different at breakfast. My husband and I were sitting enjoying our coffee when the breakfast manager came to take our plates and bring us more coffee. She then proceeded to make sure that the waffle station... you know, where in most hotels the batter drips and the syrup is sticky... was clean and functioning. This staff does it right. They know you don't want dirty tables or cold food and they are prompt to make it right for their guests.

Great job Marion Drury Inn!

Room Tip: The rooms are on the small size. I stayed in a queen deluxe, which gave us plenty of room along with...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
conway, ar
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We spent two nights at this motel while we were in Marion for a family wedding. I, too, was concerned about allowing dogs into the hotel....and we did see many of them when checking in...however, once we closed our door, we didn't hear any of them bark. Our room was, indeed, small; however it was clean and comfortable and I appreciate that. The staff at this hotel were the best I have seen at any hotel. They were all English speaking and very friendly. Both the Manager and the Assistant Manager were very visible and even cleared tables for the guests both evening and night. The breakfast and evening meals were a very nice touch and the food was quite good. There was also a Happy Hour for those who might enjoy that and soft drinks and popcorn for the kiddies. It was definitely a good value for your money. I will definitely stay here again on any future visits. P.S. My husband accidentally left our computer downstairs in the lobby and when he went back down to find it, it was not where he had left it. Upon questioning the staff, they said they saw it and went and retrieved it knowing someone would claim it soon. We were grateful for their honesty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Central IL
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I usually love Drury Inn...but this particular hotel - not so much. The room was very small. I felt very claustrophobic. The walls are paper thin. Anytime someone uses the bathroom, you can hear everything, but the flush...oh my...it sounds like a waterfall through my room. The kicker was the second night of my stay. I came back to my room around 5:30pm after a long day of work and just wanted to take a quick nap. There were at least 2 dogs a few doors down that were barking loudly. I called the front desk to ask if pets were allowed and they said yes. I asked about the particular floor I was staying on and they said yes. I informed them about the barking dogs down the hall (which I'm sure they could hear from the front desk because of the open atruim) and the clerk mentioned that the owners had left for a while. The clerk also said that if was still a problem at 9pm he would move me to a new room. WHAT!?!?! I don't want to wait till 9pm. I don't want to move. AND I don't want to listen to barking dogs at any point during my stay. Anyway - you might want to choose a different hotel on your next visit to Marion.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn Marion, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I am very sorry about the noise issues you experienced. In the future, please let a member of our management team know about issues while you are in the hotel. We would love to have had the opportunity to discuss with you during your stay.
McAllen Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We seek out Drury's because of their consistenly excellent breakfast and happy hour.
This was a great place, largely due to the Assistant General Manager, a charming man with a British accent who seemed to work 24/7. He was checking people in, bartending at happy hour(and keeping a running total of what was being ordered), and he was at breakfast, ensuring all of the food was being replenished. Besides all of that, he also chatted with the guests, if they wanted to chat. His presence truly enhanced our stay.
The room was very comfortable and quiet and we did not hear any barking at all from the dogs staying there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple