“Be careful.”
Review of Hampton Inn Marion

Hampton Inn Marion
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed August 30, 2013

When booking this hotel make sure you are booking it for the town/state you want. I accidentally booked it using an online site I had not used before and ended up with reservations in the next state. Fortunately the hotel had room and the front desk was extremely helpful. They helped me figure out my situation and then took steps to help me resolve it. I couldn't have asked for a better end to my experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MarionILHampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Marion, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

I'm glad we were able to help you get that resolved!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here on our way back to Atlanta from the University of Kansas. It was very convenient being right off the expressway and about halfway home for us. This hotel was everything you expect when you stay at a Hampton Inn. My only complaint is that it is kinda confusing to get to the entrance due to construction on the highway. Quality room, quality breakfast, clean and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Eric B

We appreciate your compliments and thank you for the loyalty!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed here for three days on business trip. If you know Hamptons, you know what is here. No more, no less. Staff cordial.
Like most Hamptons the fitness room is small.
Staff wasnt very savvy about restaurants, which are limited in this area.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the side facing the road. While not an interstate, the vehicles start moving along w...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stay here often the staff is warm and helpful. rooms are average and dated, and well used. Gym equipment is inconsistent and in need of update and repair. Some of the extras that have gone by the wayside such as happy hour and snacks have been suspended and not returned.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I will pass on your compliments to the staff and I'm honored to say that our Evening Social is back and better than ever! We've added hot foods to our complimentary drinks now and it seems to be a hit. We are excited to have it back and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed here one night while in town for work. The exit has a lot of restaurants and hotels. The hotel itself is easy to find, my room was quiet and clean. Front staff were very nice. The breakfast did seem a little thin (water was out in the machine, no bananas, 2 yogurts, etc.). The pool looked clean when I walked by. I would stay here again while in the area.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Breakfast bar poorly attended. No coffee, had to ask for it. Had to ask for spray for the waffle iron. Door to room drug on the carpet. Took both hands to open or close door. Air conditioner very loud .. Would wake up each time it came on.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hampton Inn has won me over! Wish all hotels were as nice as this one. The rooms were clean, well appointed, and the beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. I liked the mattress so much I pulled back the sheets to find out the brand name so I could replace my mattress at home with a similar one. Could not find the brand label, but I slept like a baby. The rooms came with a nice flat screen TV, cable TV, free Wi-Fi, refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was modern and very clean. The free breakfast was great (lots of choices) and the staff was very friendly. Great value! If I'm ever in this area again, this is the only hotel I will stay at. There was a heated pool, but no hot tub. Fitness center and business center on site too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TwinMom2001
Jwisins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marion, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

We appreciate taking the time to send us a such a great review! I completely agree with you about our beds, they are incredibly comfortable. There is actually a website that you can visit that sells all of the mattresses, sheets, covers, etc. It is www.hamptonhomecollection.com I hope that you are able to find the bed of your dreams there! Thanks again