“OK for One Night”
Review of Hampton Inn Marion

Hampton Inn Marion
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed here with my family on our way home from vacation. The staff member checking me in was very pleasant and check-in was a breeze. Our room was a King Suite. I would describe the room as being "plain" and "worn out." The carpet was an older style/color/pattern and was worn, the furniture (the dresser, desk, etc.) was not up to the style of other Hamptons (it seemed like it was old and could be updated), and the sofa should be replaced as it sagged badly in the middle and the style and color are outdated. In addition, there was barely anything on the plain white walls which did not give me a warm, welcoming feeling and made it difficult to relax while in the room. The room doesn't "fit" with the image of Hampton Inns, and if this room is representative of the other rooms at this hotel, I can see why the trip advisor rating for this hotel is 2 1/2 stars. Actually, I would rate it a little lower, but because the common areas are nice and up to date, the breakfast was good, and the staff is friendly, I give it a "3" (average) and that is why I say it is ok for one night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Construction on the interstate makes it very hard to get to anything in Marion. But once we actually got to the motel everything was fine. This Hampton is a good one and thwere is an Applebes and a Bob Evans right in the parking lot. Price was better than the Drury and we will stay again on our next tip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

From the time we checked in to the time we checked out, our stay was nothing but great. The front desk was very helpful, housekeeping was very nice, the room was awesome, the pool and fitness center was clean, and the breakfast was the cherry on top of whole stay. I would definitely stay there again. Thanks to Hampton Inn for a wonderful time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
MarionILHampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Marion, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us an excellent review!!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Nice place to stay, but cable not working properly. After enjoying the pool and getting ready to relax for the evening I wanted to watch a movie. Only to find the cable not working. I called down to the front desk to report the problem and after holding on so the clerk could check the problem nothing was done to help the situation. She checked the TV in the lobby and told me it was too late to contact the cable company. Needless to say, NO cable, NO movie. The next morning while checking out I inquired about the cable and was surprised at how I was handled. I was told that checking the TV in the lobby wouldn't work because HBO is not shown in the lobby due to inappropriate content of programming for children. That makes sense. So why did the clerk check that TV? Also, I was told by the clerk that there was no record or notation of my reporting the problem the night before. She made me feel like a liar. Also, there was no mention of the 100% guarantee. Very dissatisfied.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

June 23rd we checked into the Hampton Inn in Marion Illinois. My wife pulled the bed sheets back to find that the bed had not been made, only the duvet cover replaced. There was hair in the bed from the last patron. This is not typical of Hampton Inn, but nonetheless it happened. When we reported it, we were told it would be no more than 15 minutes before anyone could come to change the linens. Over 30 minutes later we were called and moved to another room. The staff member that came to our room told us that there were other rooms that they had found that the cleaning staff had performed the same poor service to. Hampton should have made some compensation for this poor ethic as we are frequent users and this has certainly tarnished my view of Hampton Inn.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Too bad that the walls between the rooms are so thin - everything else was fine about this hotel and I would have given it a higher rating. The hotel is fully non-smoking (yeah). The bathroom was good size - only one sink but a large counter. I wish it had a walk-in shower rather than a tub to step in and out of but that is just my preference.

A little awkward to find the hotel since it's easy to see but you need to take a side road to get to it.

Friendly check in and nice, large lobby. Only issue is that the pool is right next to the lobby (you can see it) and you get a strong whiff of chlorine walking into the lobby.

1  Thank Chicago Flyer
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Everyone works for success at this hotel and the comfort of the guest. The staff did a great job keeping the morning breakfast fresh and going for everyone. The rooms were clean and in great shape. It was a great stay for my family!!