All reviewsfront deskin town for businessgym roomour entire stayminor league baseball parkroad trip stopdecent hotelthe breakfast areahotel is locatedbreakfast offeringsoff the highwaystay there againabove averageclose proximitylocation is greatvery nice staycookies
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was very pleased with our one bedroom suite.
Nicely decorated and very clean.
There was plenty of space to stretch out and work.

The front desk staff was very helpful and honored our requests for a higher floor and feather free room.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
April I, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2014

JCKEW54-

I am happy to hear you were pleased with you recent accommodations. Our suites are nice and spacious an come in handy for business travelers who may need the extra space or families who like the extra sitting room.

Hopefully we will see you back in the area again and you will continue to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The friendly staff made our stay so relaxing after our early morning flight from DC to Chicago followed by the long drive to SIU for a tour, looking at apartments,then on to the hotel. We were welcomed by the cookies in the lobby and delightedly surprised by the Manager's Happy Hour! What a treat that was ;). We picked up takeout from a great BBQ restaurant that was recommended by the staff. World class dinning right down stairs from our room.

The cheerful breakfast attendant was delightful and made us feel very welcome to the mid-west.
We will book them for our return trips after my daughter starts school at SIU. So Yes, we will be frequent guests.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
April I, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

LoLoWil -

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give our hotel such a great review!

I am happy to hear you were pleasantly surprised with our hotel. I enjoy hearing how surprised and happy our guests are with our Manager's Reception. This is something that our hotel has been doing for a couple of years now. We offer this every Monday-Thursday, this may come in handy when you are visiting your daughter.

We are looking forward to having you stay with us during your trips to and from Southern Illinois.

We will always have the cookies waiting for you! :)

April Inman

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I love the Fairfield Inns. They are typically very pleasant little hotels for a quick one or two nights. I was in Marion Mother's Day weekend for an SIU graduation. It was very crowded. But, the staff did a good job of keeping everything clean and organized. Staff was always pleasant and friendly. I was very happy that they were able to accommodate my last minute request to extend my stay even though they were booked solid! Also, one of the best pet-friendly hotels I've stayed in. I would highly recommend.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank ChiGirl1977

ChiGirl1977-

Thank you for your review of our hotel during your recent trip. I am pleased to hear that my staff was able to accommodate all of your needs during your stay and you were greeted with friendly faces.

With many families traveling with their pets these days we pride ourselves on keeping the hotel clean for all travelers.

We hope so see you again during any future trips to Southern Illinois!

April Inman

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Got there after driving in torrential rain for 2 hours so we were really looking forward to getting some sleep. Check in was ridiculously easy and simple. Got into the comfy room and woke up to newspaper at my door. The breakfast was very good and had quite a few choices. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
April I, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Nicholas -

I am very pleased to hear that you had a relaxing and stress free stay. I know how tiresome and stressful it can be after driving in inclement weather. Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites and we look forward to having you again if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We needed a room between Nashville and St Louis- found this little gem! Super service , friendly, clean, decent breakfast, pool, fitness room, great BBQ restaurant next door- extremely helpful staff!!! Great stop- this is a great place to stop and visit

• Stayed: April 2014
April I, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Jujulynne-

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay while passing through Marion, Illinois.

17th Street BBQ is definitely a great place to grab dinner. Both staff and guests highly recommend stopping in if you are looking for something that is local and not a chain.

Hopefully we will see you again if you are ever in the area.