“Nice rooms”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Marion
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The suite we had was clean and updated. The heat was not loud. Multiple newspapers available. Breakfast was good.

The workout room left a bit to be desired. Equipment was not in great shape, so we did not get a real work out.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
April I, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Ron -

I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us during your last visit. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and friendly faces.

I would also like to let you know that we do have an agreement with Gold's Gym for our guests. You can stop by the gym, show them your room key along with your ID and you can use their facilities at no charge.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I travel a fair amount for business and stay at this level of hotel often. Had stayed mainly at Hilton properties for years, recently mad a switch to Marriott. This Fairfield is quite a bit nicer than most that I have stayed at. Some are old, several have had no gym or pool at all, lots have old manual front doors (which is a pain with luggage in tow). This one is well updated, has a pool and a gym and power doors. Staff is pleasant every time. I have stayed here and at the local Hampton Inn several times. Both are good, pick your point preference.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. It is nice to hear that during your stay you have always been welcomed with friendly faces and a clean room.

Thank you again for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Staff were very friendly and welcoming. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was fresh and plentiful with adequate variety. There were good restaurants close by for lunch and dinner. Will stay there again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve W
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Traveling to Florida from Chicago on a rainy Friday night in December. Had originally intended to stay in Paducah KY but the rain was making driving on I-57 too difficult. Staff was able to accommodate our late night request and get us a room for four. Room was clean, beds were comfortable. The room was not overly spacious, so be aware if you plan to bring up a lot of luggage. Kids commented that there were not sufficient or convenient outlets to recharge their electronic gadgets.

We enjoyed and appreciated it enough that we booked the same hotel on the return trip two weeks later, this time in anticipation of a snow storm. We knew we would be comfortable and safe and well taken care of here (this is only the second time I have booked the same hotel on the return trip). This is one of the best hotel options in Southern Illinois and greatly appreciated. .

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2014

In August 2012 I drove my elderly mother to Southern Illinois, alone, to see friends and relatives. I got very ill - thought it may have been an aneurysm-thankfully, only the WORST migraine ever, and ended up in the ER for the day and night. The fine people of the Fairfield Inn, helped get me down the elevator, into the car and off to the hospital and helped get ahold of relatives to take care of my mom. We ended up having to stay an extra night to be sure I could travel and they couldn't have been more accommodating. I write this now as I am about to travel back with my mom, this time on a plane from California, and we will stay at the Fairfield. People can complain about food, mattresses, etc., but you can't beat kindness, nor can you teach it. Thank you, again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tckmom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Lots of pluses for this hotel! Room was small but adequate and clean. Comfortable bed. Breakfast was good but wished the hotels offered a few gluten free breakfast options besides eggs and fruit. Manager's social hour was an unexpected treat with free drinks and snacks. (Mon - Thurs only.) Host and front desk clerk were friendly and helpful. Business center computer and printer worked....a plus as I had business to follow up on while on vacation. A pleasant over night stop!

Room Tip: The Monday - Thursday Manager's social hour was a nice perk after our long road trip.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The service was nice, happy hour Friday night, breakfast with your normal muffins, biscuits an gravy, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, and even a nice Japanese option for miso, and rice. HOWEVER , The beds are small! Our family of 4 shared a room with 2 double beds. My husband (6'1") and I (5'10") shared a bed and we could not even lay next to each other without overlapping. Our feet hung off the ends. They are full size beds, not queen siZe.

• Stayed: December 2013