$84
$98
HIExpress.com
Quality Inn & Suites Marion(Marion)(Great Value!)
$59
$119
Hampton.com
$76
$68
Super 8 by Wyndham Marion(Marion)(Great Value!)
$61
$82
Drury Inn Marion(Marion)
$90
All reviewsfront deskin town for businessminor league baseball parkgym roomour entire stayroad trip stopdecent hotelthe breakfast areahotel is locatedoff the highwaystay there againabove averageclose proximitylocation is greatcookiesgreat breakfaststaff was very friendly
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stop here twice a year on the drive to Atlanta. All the things you expect from the brand are here.

Even a rice pot at breakfast for an obviously large amount of Asian guests who must stay here.

The gem is 17th Street Bar b que which is a 2 minute walk down the hill- do not miss this.

Go to happy hour at hotel and walk to dinner- a winning combo

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in mid-October 2013, a Monday, Tuesday, and Weds night. The hotel is a very good hotel if you have reasonable expectations. They offer a wonderful complimentary breakfast every morning, which includes scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, bagels, toast, muffins, donuts, danishes, white rice, apple juice, orange juice, milk, coffee, other hot drinks, fresh fruits, cold cereals, fruit cups, yogurt, and that is just all I can remember.

There is a manager's reception offered every evening, which includes complimentary snacks and beverages (alcoholic and non). We didn't visit it, but we heard they offered nachos and cheese, meatballs, fresh fruits, etc.

The hotel offers fresh cookies at the counter every afternoon and until they are gone in the evening. They are quite delicious and we helped ourselves each day.

The hotel had a small pool and a nice sized hot tub, both of which were not busy while we were there and were quite enjoyable. There was also a small exercise room which looked fine, but we did not use it.

We had a king sized room, which was pretty small; if money is not an issue I would recommend paying the extra money and getting a suite. We were fine with the king sized room, but next time we will probably pay a little more and get the king suite for the extra space. The regular king sized room was pretty cramped and small, but still okay. Our room had a very comfy bed and pillows and the sheets were soft enough they didn't irritate my skin. I have a lot of trouble with my skin and harsh chemicals really make it worse, so I was very relieved I did not have that problem while I was there. The room had a newer high definition television, which looked very nice. Our room also had a microwave and refrigerator, which are very nice to have.

My room key stopped working on day two of our stay. We had the front desk fix it and then the next day the room key stopped working again. That was ridiculous. My husband used to work in a hotel and told me that second keys frequently will do that because of how they are programmed, but I don't care. If our stay is for three nights and we are given two keys, both keys should work throughout our entire stay. To have my room key stop working two days in a row is an unnecessary irritation.

Our room also ran out of Kleenex on the last night. The front desk gave my husband another box to bring to the room, but it was a bit annoying when we ran out of Kleenex in the room.

The elevator in the hotel needs work. When it leaves the first floor it makes a horrible cranking noise which everyone notices and comments on. I read back through old reviews on this website and saw this was mentioned back in April. April? Really? It's time to fix it!

The staff was very friendly, with the exception of the breakfast attendant. For some reason the breakfast attendant looked irritated every time I saw her and seemed grouchy when I complimented her for the very nice looking breakfast.

Check-in and check-out was a breeze. Check-in was super fast and efficient. We used a debit card to reserve our room and to pay. As long as you let them know when you check-in that you are using a debit card, they will charge the entire amount up front plus an extra $50 hold on the card. That way you don't have to worry about a lot of extra money being held out of your bank account while waiting for the held funds to be released. Check-out was automatic, they slipped the slip under the door for our records and we left the keys in the room.

Overall, it was a very good hotel. My husband and I both very much enjoyed our vacation. We plan to visit Southern Illinois again next October for another vacation and plan to base ourselves out of the same hotel, albeit with a King Suite next time (hopefully). I would highly recommend the hotel, but I wouldn't be doing a thorough review if I didn't point out the negatives I did. I know when I was researching this trip I paid attention to the good and the bad about the hotel so I would know what to expect. Like I said at the beginning, this is a very good hotel if you have reasonable expectations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stay here every time we are in Marion. Josh ,Angie and Mary (employees) have been wonderful each visit. The cleaning staff are the same. The hotel is showing some wear and tear but still one of the better ones in Marion. The hot tub has been closed but since I do not use them I am not affected. The morning breakfast is nothing out of the ordinary and as a result I seldom eat there,which is true of about every motel I stay at. Overall I enjoy my stay thanks mostly to the staff.

Room Tip: Top floor will keep noise to a minimum.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We've stayed here many times over the past couple of years, and we will again, but I do believe the beds have reached a point where they need to be replaced. The mattresses were very uncomfortable this stay. Other than that, the property is clean, the complimentary breakfast is good with more hot items, and the staff is always very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julierack
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was glad to hear that they were able to take good care of my Pastor and his family. My Pastor and family were traveling late and arrived here and said that they were cared for very nicely. The front desk clerk was able to make accommodations to charge our account for the essentials instead of charging our Pastor. They said the breakfast was very nice. They would stay there again when traveling through this area. Nice Job everyone at your hotel. Way to go!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends