“Just Average Food Restaurant”
Review of Logan's Roadhouse

Logan's Roadhouse
Ranked #13 of 95 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Just Average Food Restaurant”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were traveling and stopped here for dinner. It was around 7 at night. We were seated promptly but the service was slightly slow. Our food was just average. The table next to us was a pretty large party of about 15 and was having major issues. Their crab legs were frozen when they were served, one ordered ribs which were undercooked, so that did not help our meal out witnessing all that. The issue with our food was my shrimp were very, very tough, and the mushroom skewer was not cooked enough, other than that it was ok. It was not worth the 40.00 price tag, for dinner and the tip for 2 people. I would find somewhere else to stop if I passed this way again.

Herrin, Illinois
“We went there several times, very inconsistant”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have had a few really good meals here. More than a few mediocre or subpar. We really want to like this place but, we can't justify going here any more. When you only eat out once a week, it needs to be really good. Service is usually pretty good. Some of the staff talk way too much. If you are there with your family you want to hang out with them, not the staff. They do give you plenty of food for the money.

• Visited May 2013
“Just a Couple of Dings...”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I've been to Logan's Roadhouse steak house in Marion, Illinois, a few times now. The first time was right after they opened, so I thought I'd be fair and let the staff get used to each other and get the kinks out before I reviewed them.

Well, it's time for a review.

I was greeted courteously and ushered into a small booth quickly, since I was by myself and arrived at about 4pm on a Friday afternoon. A gloomy and overcast day usually drives customers in by the droves, but even the coffee masters at Panera Bread Company down the street only had one car in the parking lot! Logan's customers were not that sparse, but it wasn't exactly a crowd either, so I figured I'd get very good service—and I did!

So why "a couple of dings?" Well, while I waited for my food, a couple of waitresses were complaining rather bitterly about the customers who either overworked them, or stiffed them from their tips (personally, I've been a waiter, and that absolutely stinks, but I always knew better than to complain near any customers). They should have been mindful that customers could (and did) hear them... and their talk was not pretty...

The steak was excellent, though! 16 ounces of juicy, medium well done ribeye... and worth every penny of the nearly $20 it cost. My waitress was attentive and nice. But while the steak was delicious, unfortunately, some of the rice pilaf I ordered was tough (I must have gotten some of the hardened stuff around the edge of the pan).

After my meal, the waitress promptly brought over my check and told me she'd take it whenever I was ready... I guess I looked like I didn't need/want a dessert (and honestly, I'm glad it wasn't suggested). However, I know the business well enough to know that's always something you're obliged to ask...

So—excellent steak, very good service, and a few dings on the pilaf and lack of dessert. Overall? Logan's Roadhouse is a good place to get a great meal!

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Good Meal After a Long Time on the Road”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I ate a late dinner here when we stopped for the night on our way home from vacation. We were very hungry as we had been on the road for 13 hours and had not eaten since lunch. Logan's is a fun atmosphere. Peanuts are brought to your table and you throw your shells on the floor. The service was very good and the food was even better! Our server kept brining us baskets of warm rolls as they were delicious! We do not have any Logan's where we live, but if we see one again when traveling, we will be sure to give it a try.

Ocala, Florida
“Accommodating”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I had to travel from FL to MN and back lately.
We spent a night in Marion, Illinois. When we went out to dinner that night we were pleased to see Logan's Roadhouse not too far from our motel. We go to a Logan's here in FL so we are familiar with the chain. We were road-weary and just needed some dinner and peace. The waitress was totally accommodating...pleasant...efficient...and respected our need to relax and have a peaceful dinner. We told her right away that we wanted to relax...she paced the service perfectly. And of course...the food was very good

• Visited June 2013