“No towels but they had bacon!”

Best Western Plus Marion Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Overall a nice place. Pool was smallish, round and a little cool. Hot Tub was HOT! Breakfast was way above average for a BW. However if you swim, don't ask for a pool towel--INSIST. They are not very good at keeping them stocked--unlike the breakfast lady who was a whirlwind!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
mwailgm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Marion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife and I stopped here after a long day on the road and it was a very nice experience. Though we just basically slept there we found the room to be quiet, clean and very comfortable. They "Hideout" restaurant is walking distance and was a great restaurant. The breakfast was very nice. Overall a great value.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night and was extremely pleased that we did!! Very clean, the hotel check-in was easy and friendly. We requested a quiet room, as we'd been traveling most of the day and were tired. I think we had the 3rd floor to ourselves!! The rooms were wonderful and the bed comfortable!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Priceline a room for 2.5 stars and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Very clean , nice large rooms . Hotel had a pool and spa , and the staff was fantastic. 1 exit off the main restaurant row but price well worth the extra mile. Close to the highway but still quiet enough for sleep

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2014

From the lobby to the rooms, this hotel was clean & comfortable. I would definitely stay there again and/or suggest it to a friend. Best Western did something right when they offered their "Plus" hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2014

One thing is for certain; when I walk in to a Best Western Hotel, I know I can relax and enjoy myself. The staff at these hotels really seem to care about how I feel and wanting to make me smile- friendly and caring goes a long way.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband & I came to this hotel to celebrate 11 years of marriage. My first room I was assigned was a queen & had an odor & was very small which I thought was a bit pricey.So I requested another room. The front desk employee had said that he only had a double room & it would cost more money. I tried to get a king room, but was told that there were none available & the hotel was pretty empty on a Sunday. Well my double room had no coffee besides decaffe & my husband went to the front desk & was told that he would try to find some regular. Besides that the coffee maker looked as it had not been cleaned in ages. Where you put the water, had brown stains all over & the pot itself was stained. I ended up scrubbing it out myself & After 20 minutes of waiting to hear back from the front desk for coffee, I had my husband call & say that we decided to get some at the nearest gas station. The front desk employee then said he would make some & it would be ready in 15 minutes. The sheets on both beds appeared to not have been changed & just remade, due to hairs & two stains. The bathroom floor had a few pubic hairs that I cleaned up myself & I didn't take a shower due to hair & dirt in the bathtub. I just believe that we should have been treated better as guests & should have received a clean & tidy room. It was depressing due to it being our anniversary & we don't get out much due to having two toddlers.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family