“stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Zion, United States
“stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

the hotel was in good order the breakfast was not bad the staff was good the hot tub and pool area was clean felt safe the internet was good. I have stayed at another hotel in the past in the area and had a bad experience in booking the hotel for this time so that is why I made my reservations here I will come back to this hotel next year

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Only passing through for a one night stay, but it was a very nice and clean hotel. Beds/bedding very comfortable. Breakfast was good. Many restaurant/food options nearby. We chose Walt's Restaurant....pizza was good and salad bar was very fresh and tasty!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mwailgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Marion Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us!
Katy, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Bedding pillows are all identical (very soft), and it made for a terrible night's sleep on recent stay. At least one of the 6 pillows should be of another variety (firm?). TV remote was partially broke. And WiFi was slower than dial up service, maybe even worse - it was essentially unusable, we gave up after trying to use in evening, and the following morning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We apologize for problems during your stay with us. We thank you for bringing them to our attention.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Reading some of the other reviews leaves me scratching my head. This is a nice place. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Check in and out was a breeze. The room was very clean and everything worked! It was very quiet. Granted I only stayed one night and it was a Thursday. The shower has good pressure with nice hot water!
Pool is clean and the hot tub felt great. Breakfast was good with a lot to choose from. It really is a great value. I usually stay in Paducah Ky once a month as I'm always taking this route from Ga. I'm happy I decided to head up the rd another 40 mins. I saved about 50$.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank firehouse08
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel. Hope you will stay with us again!
Bourbonnais, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here on our way to Nashville. For the money, it was a great value. Staff was friendly, bed was comfortable and it was fairly clean. The free breakfast was better than most in similar hotels I have stayed at recently.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Commerce Twp, MI, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Visiting our daughter @ SIU. It's a ways away from Carbondale but not bad. (I've found that the hotels in Carbondale are pricier for the same amenities or pretty crumby. Not much in the middle.) This hotel has a nice pool/spa area, a very acceptable breakfast and the staff was attentive and friendly. It's a good value and I plan on staying there in the future when we visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Burlington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Dusty wall units, mildewed rugs and older hard beds were our constant companions during our 3 night (non-cancelling reservation via Expedia) stay! The on-line photos looked nice so I choose this hotel over others. We had to sleep with the window open (all 3" allowed), bath fan on and towel blocking the mildew from the hall at the bottom door opening. I slept with a pillow under my waist to try to stop my back from hurting as I slept on my side. People there were pretty nice. It's not their fault owners can't afford even a foam topper for their last century beds.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We would like to apologize for these problems concerning your stay with us. We strive to provide the best accommodations for our guests. These issues will/have been be addressed.