“Perfectly Relaxing!”

Best Western Plus Marion Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We travel this route several times a year and always stay at the Marion Best Western. After 13 hours of driving, we really appreciate the convenient location, hot tub, comfy beds, and delicious breakfast. The service is super, and employees very friendly!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was Pet Free and had a pool. Good thing it had a hot tub, too! The boys (ages 8 & 10) were looking forward to swimming--but, the water was freezing. You might want to call and see if they have it fixed before you book, if you are planning on using to pool. Hotel was quiet and we checked out a DVD from their large selection, both nights. It is right off the highway--but, we didn't notice the traffic at night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel if you want a more quite night. This hotel is right by the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2013

A very well maintained former Holiday Inn Express. Our room was scrupulously clean, the bed comfortable, and the staff were pleasant and responsive over our three day stay. The breakfast buffet featured a good selection of breads, pastries, cereals, yogurts and hot scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and pancakes. All for about half the price of the new holiday Inn Express down the road. Highly recomended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank zaphod j
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were looking for a hotel that did not allow pets (allergies), and this Best Western had what we wanted in terms of amenities, good reviews, no pets and easy to get to. We requested and got a King size room away from the highway, and it was clean and quiet. The hotel is in a good location if you are traveling through this area - right off of the highway. The bed was comfortable and we had good water pressure for our showers. I also appreciated the sanitized remote control. My husband used the treadmill in the fitness room and said that it was fine. The pool area was attractive and towels were available, so I put on my suit to try it out. The water was so icy I could not get in. I tried to sit in the hot tub for a bit to warm up for another attempt at the pool, but again could not get in the icy water. I was disappointed in that. I also didn't care for a separate sink area with a door only to the toilet/ tub area because if you need to get up during the night to use the facilities you can't avoid turning on the light, washing your hands and disturbing your spouse....so, that's just a personal preference. The room had a microwave and a small fridge which was nice. Check the power strip behind the unit with the fridge/ microwave if you want to use them as ours was not turned on and the fridge was not cold. The breakfast was the typical free hotel breakfast. Couldn't drink the coffee in the room or at the breakfast area, it was that bad. However, while I am sounding negative I would stay here again. I would use the fitness room and not the pool, and I would go to the nearby Cracker Barrel for breakfast or just have a bagel or cereal and head for some decent coffee elsewhere. A clean, comfortable hotel at a reasonable price and near restaurants is more important to me than the other concerns that I mentioned. I agree with the other reviewer about the lighting in the parking lot as well - this Best Western does have good lighting. So overall, yes, a nice hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I travel regularly from Nashville to Chicago or Champaign, Il. I have stayed at this Best Western 6 times in the past 3 months. Each and every visit my expectations have been exceeded. Since I travel solo most of the time, the parking lot lighting at night is very important to me and I am reluctant to stay at hotels who have poor lighting. However, the parking lot lighting at this Best Western is outstanding and that is one reason I will always book this hotel. The staff at the check-in desk are welcoming, friendly and exceedingly helpful. It is a pleasant surprise to find employees who will go out of their way to make a stay such a good experience. I always have stayed in a suite because the price is so reasonable. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Some suites have 2 refrigerators that are larger than the typical hotel refrigerators. The microwave is a standard size. The breakfast and the pool is exceptionally nice. The TV channel section is well above average. This hotel is a hidden gem. I will attach pictures including the parking lot lighting at night. I would think anyone who would stay here would return without a doubt.

Room Tip: NO issues with noise in regard to the rooms facing the interstate.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Great value, very reasonably priced. Clean, neat hotel. Would stay again! Was a little difficult gettng to the hotel due to road construction at the exit you would normally take, but overall was worth the price!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed December 22, 2012

As you drive across country, you need a nice, clean place to rest. This hotel has a friendly staff that welcomes you. The room was super clean and newly renovated. The breakfast was very good, too. We were going to stop before this town but decided to pay alittle more and have a restful night's sleep!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple