“Very rude”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went one night made reservations for three nights at one price then came to stay on my reservations he tried make us pay a higher price because of the hotel next door they talked each other this one went up ten dollars which made it a dollar more that the other when we asked why he says I was a day younger if you ask me that's pretty rude then he was trying to get us to write good review because we told him we were going to give him a bad review

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ShaneKurk
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is a nice hotel. I like it that the staff is so relaxed and they help with free shampoo, lotion, washing powder if you forget to bring your own. Fast Internet and close to the prison. Friendly owner and no racists like some of the other hotels around here. Its good value for money and the breakfast is nice with hot waffles. a nice hotel

Room Tip: We like downstairs because of the vending machines and the ice machine and the massage chair
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lucritia R
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Nice clean and quiet room, comfortable beds, great breakfast and awesome pool and hot tub! Was nice to have free local AND long distance too, and free wifi. What more could you ask for? Its a great place for a great price. We will definitely be back next time we are in town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Susan L
Reviewed December 6, 2012

First of all I cannot understand some of the other reviewers and their comments? Maybe they stayed at a different hotel?? I come here often and I can recommend the hotel to everybody. I never had any problems, the management is very welcoming and friendly, the staff efficient and helpful and the overall atmosphere nice and welcoming. Good sized very clean rooms with all the amenities. There is nothing not to like. This hotel offers very good value for money and I'm looking forward to come back everytime. Just come here you will have a good nights rest, a nice breakfast and your children will enjoy the nice pool. This is a charming hotel, a home from home for me. If you are looking for somewhere nice and welcoming with a pool, family-freindly in a good location this is the place to go. It is also close to the prison if you visit a loved one over the holidays plus close to Marion airport, only 10 minutes up the road. Good choice of restaurants and shops near-by. You can't go wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: This is a charming hotel, a home from home for me. If you are looking for somewhere nice and welcomi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ProfessorJames
Reviewed November 10, 2012

the room was fine for us.I will not come back here again though.there was a problem that we had and it didnt get fixed so we counted it as a loss and we now know where not to go next time.the breakfast was better for us.they side door was broken and it never shut right so the halls were very cold to walk thru.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jfjfjj
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Beware! This is a terrible Hotel with even worse management. The owner is argumentative, intimidating, rude and fraudulent. Please don't chance it by staying here. The owner lied, reported false information and applied charges fraudulent charges to my card. He scared me and my kids . Worst hotel experience ever. Marion has alot of nice hotels and this just isn't one of them. Unfortunately we booked this hotel without read choice members's reviews and on short notice. If we had booked rooms earlier and other hotels had not been full we wouldn't have even considered this place. A lamp in the room did not work. Poor safety due to entry doors being proped open and doors missing knobs. Windows in halls left open without screens in them. The room had an odor, the box springs were old with alot of wear, crushed looking. We saw bugs in the light fixtures in the hallways, the elevator stopped on us, scaring my kids. Weeds over grown in the outside landscaping. The people who own this are lacking in good morals and class.

Room Tip: Always check all the reviews first, if we had done this it would have saved us from a very traumatic...
Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Patty E
Reviewed September 4, 2012

What my kids loved about this place was the pool and spa. The pool has a deep end as well as a shallow end, and it is indoors--right next to the spa, which was HOT and soothing. Both were very clean. They were updating the day we were there, putting in new refrigerators. We had the old fridge, which worked just fine for our purposes. There's only one washer and dryer, so you might want to look for a laundromat if you want dry swim clothes. The beds were comfortable, and the room was clean and quiet. We'll definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family