“Great Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel is brand new in 2012 and it shows. Everything is clean, modern and shiny. This is a great example of the latest line of Holiday Inn Express hotels that are perfect for the business traveller. I love Holiday Inn properties because they are very consistent, but occasionally you get a nice surprise and find a property that new or recently upgraded that takes it to the next level. This is one such property.

Nice service, fresh, and modern. No real issues. If I am nit picking, the Internet speed seemed throttled a little low, right around 1Mbps, which isn't terrible, but just a little more would have been nice.

Huge big screen TV mounted to the wall, and I was able to mirror my Mac onto the TV with an HDMI cable.

Can't go wrong at this hotel.

Room Tip: I don't think it matters, although clearly the suites are nicer than the rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I will definitely share these great comments with our staff!

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

This was a great hotel! Very clean....though a few minors such as dirt on outside of tub, bad at wiping down some surfaces. I stay at lots of hotels and this place was one of the cleanest I have seen! Very modern in style and you could tell they actually utilized an interior designer! So rare in hotels and the owners just do not realize the difference this makes!!! If I ever need to go back I will stay again! Also dinner at Thai-D was amazing with great service!

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for all the great feedback. We appreciate the comments and please stay with us next time you are in the area!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed only one night at the Holiday Inn Express in Marion, but it was a nice night. Its a new hotel and it showed. Clean comfortable rooms that seemed larger than the standard hotel room. Check in was quick and easy and the staff was very nice. Got off the elevator on the 4th floor to go to my room and a dog was barking one room down from mine. Once in the room I could no longer hear the dog, so either it quit barking or the soundproofing is superior. Breakfast in the morning was a choice of hot or cold. Only drawback was the limited seating if you chose to sit in the lobby dining area. Overall an excellent hotel, next to a minor league ballpark and a few restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comments and feedback. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband , 2 daughters ( 8 and 10 ), myself , my dog, and my cat are all staying here since relocating here for my husbands job. We have been here since Aug.7th and wont be leaving till Sept. 18th when we close on our house. I have stayed at several hotels and this bar far was the best ever. The staff is all great. We have had such a great time at this hotel. The rooms are very spacious for having to be here a month and a half . They had more then enough room to accomadate all of us including my pets. The housekeeping staff is amazing and they made sure they talked to my dog everyday. They love animals here. Everyone has always been so kind . We do not have 1 complaint at all. Just to name a few staff that have been more then wonderful are Matt, Lauren, Cammi, Nat, Liz, Wes, Cody, Courtney, and of course all the housekeeping staff ( to many to name cause we had a different person everyday ). I will only be staying at this hotel when I am in Marion. They make a point to all say hello to my dog and make sure they pet her and show her lots of love and attention whenever they see her. Thank you all for the amazing hospitality while we have been here. You have truley made this feel like a home for me in the process of buying our house. I have never felt more comfortable in a hotel as we have here.

Room Tip: We are staying in the 2 queen bed suite room. It has a sofa sleeper and the 2 queen beds and is very...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the great feedback and comments! It was great having you stay at our hotel! Please come back and see us.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We just stayed (August 30-September 1, 2012) at this terrifc Holiday Inn Express off of I-57 in Marion, Illinois. The hotel opened in May 2012 and the new smell was evident. We were delighted with the room (a king suite), the breakfast, the staff, the pool, and the location. We were in the region for a reunion and to visit the southern Illinois winery trail. This hotel is located close to great restaurants (local & chain), within walking distance of the Miners' ballpark, shopping, and more....can't say enough about this HIE.

Room Tip: The water was "hard" here....so expect to lather up a little longer
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks again for all the kind comments. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

In the midst of a thousand mile trip through seemingly-endless interstates, I really needed to stop overnight, so I searched the HIE website for a possibility. My GPS “found” this—but matters got a bit strange when the directions put me in front of a Best Western! After asking a few questions, I learned that the HIE had actually opened a new building at the NEXT exit in Marion. I mentioned this to the two, friendly staff members at the new place, and they said, “Yes, we hear that a lot because we’ve been open only a month…and the GPS systems seem to be lagging behind!” So you might want to double-check or ask for directions—but, in any case, you’ll be glad you found this place (especially after a long drive): good, helpful staff, clean brand-new great rooms, Wi-Fi for free, tons of restaurants/gas stations nearby…so I’ll bet you’ll be refreshed the next morning for your travel to your destination!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the kind words concerning your stay. I will be sure to share these positive comments with the rest of our staff. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Brand new hotel, one of the nicer Holiday Inn Expresses I have stayed in, the staff was very friendly and the rooms were fantastic!! Good buy for the money, can’t go wrong staying at this hotel. Located by numerous restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JLN57_12
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for the kind words concerning your recent stay with us. We have forwarded your comments to our entire staff. Please stay with us again next time you are in the area.