“Not Expected”

Motel 6 Marion
Motel 6 Marion
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We travel a good bit and rely on Expedia for most of our hotel bookings. We have never had a problem until we stayed here. We reserved a room for four, two adults and two kids with what was to be two queen beds. When we arrived I was greeted by the clerk who was on the phone, he did ask if I minded, and seemed competent, but that changed. I got our room, was charged, and headed out to the family. The wife was concerned that Expedia had charged us and went in to talk to the clerk. She said he was very rude to her.
When we entered the room we realized the beds looked small. We usually sleep in a queen size bed and are aware of the dimensions. The wife called Expedia and I got the kids settled in. The charge at the hotel was the only one, so that was good, but the clerk insisted to Expedia that the beds were queen. The tag on the mattress says differently. Also, I was asked on arrival how many would be in the room and not offered any additional towels. There is only two in the room. You'd think that calling ahead for a reservation that you would at least get what you pay for.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Clyde4410
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Marion

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Well I was in a non smoking room, which was obvious an old smoking room. Service wasn't bad but the hotel itself needs a major renovation! Flat screen tvs but bad resolution, should have just kept the tube tvs.. Anywho not worth the rate.. Look else where if you can... Marion has a few hotels!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Whattodonoww
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel has been undertaking many good changes in the past few months. Plans are in the works for making it even better. The owner and staff are great and make you feel like you are part of their family. I enjoy staying here when I am in town and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ANIL L, Manager at Motel 6 Marion, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I booked this hotel online and upon arriving they raised the rate. I asked why they were charging more and the manager stated "it would cost more money to cover their online expense." It was a text book "bait and switch". After disputing this with the manager for a hour I ultimately went to a different hotel and I was not refunded my money. Whatever happened to the customer is always right? Do to poor management I would stay clear of this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Marty O
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Good basic value, pleasant staff, NoN-Chain hotel clean good siz rooms. would reccomend for an overnight or short stay

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank traveling_frank
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Super 8 Marion
Quality Inn & Suites Marion
Best Western Saluki Inn
Best Western Saluki Inn
#1 of 9 in Carbondale

Been to Motel 6 Marion? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Marion

Address: 8101 Express Dr, Marion, IL 62959-5816 (Formerly Marion Airport Inn & Suites)
Location: United States > Illinois > Marion
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Price Range: $52 - $59 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Motel 6 Marion 2.5*
Motel 6 Marion, IL is conveniently located off of I-57. Veterans Airport and Crab Orchard Lake are within 3 miles. Enjoy free wi-fi and micro-fridges in all guestrooms. Truck parking is available on-site. 100% non-smoking. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Motel 6 Marion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marion Airport Hotel