“Gross”
Review of Limited Inn

Limited Inn
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The Marion, IL Motel 6 advertises free wifi but I was told when my kids and I checked (July 18, 2012) in that they didn't have wifi. The rooms were filthy! My 10 month old grand daughters feet and legs looked like she had been playing in a coal bin after walking and crawling on the carpet. There was mold around the bathroom door frame. We slept on top of the bed comforters. The one positive experience was the pool. I told the manager about the carpets when we checked out and his response was "okay okay". If there had been another room available in Murphysboro, Carbondale or Marion, we surely wouldn't have stayed at this Motel 6. Also, the housekeeping staff were putting soiled towels in shopping carts "borrowed" from the Sams Club located behind the motel. Hum, I wonder if Sams Club is aware of that?

Room Tip: Avoid this motel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was the second worst room I have ever stayed in. I went there because it was pet friendly and I was traveling with my boston terrier. The room smelled bad,was filthy and the dog couldnt even sleep. The best thing I can say about it was that it was cheap and there was no extra cost for the dog.

Room Tip: this whole building should be demolished, I dont think you could find a good clean room here.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank thibadop_10
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I usually like Motel 6 because it is usually a basic, clean motel that is pet friendly. This Motel 6
was the worst motel I have ever had to stay in. The "room"
they put us in was in the back of the hotel and was a "pet" room. The room was filthy. It had
crumbs all over the so called carpet. The walls had dirty human foot prints running up and down them. The linens and spreads were questionable at best. The bathroom caulking
was so poorly applied, I guess they needed a lot to hold the old linoleum and bathtub down.
The molding around the door frames was rotting in sections and black and moldy. The big
kicker was that this Motel 6 charged us a $20,00 pet fee for this room. If the weather hadn't
been so nasty, we would have left. I complained to the desk clerk and told him how disappointing my stay at the hotel had been. His reply, "I'll pass your information on."
Well, the clerk doesn't have to pass it on, I am. Don't stay in this motel. The "lights should
be turned off" at this Motel 6 in Marion, IL and thrown out of the chain.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank ColoradoEmmy
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Do not stay here, the room was nasty, smelled, and woke up to cockroaches in the morning. Calling corp. office to file official complaint.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank mktrans
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The first room I had the AC didn't work. Moves to another room. woke up at 4:30 sick as the smell of mold coming from the AC and ants all over the bathroom. The pillows are as flat as pancakes. The steps going to the second floor are closed as it needs repairs. and the WI FI does not work.

Room Tip: Mold and ants
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank raceusa1
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Mold in the shower. Threadbare linen. Room in bad condition in every detail. Exterior even looked worse. Only use this motel if you have no other options.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank mark8252
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Often when I'm on a trip and just want a clean place to sleep I stay at Motel 6. Usually the experience is ok, basic but clean. Instead, at this Motel 6 we got mold in the shower, tiny threadbare towels, and a broken towel rack lying on the bathroom floor. I agree with the other reviewers here. I wonder if Motel 6 has any standards that their local francisers have to adhere to? If so, this place certainly doesn't make it. Next time I'll pay more for a decent room somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business