“Worst Red Lobster I have eated at”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #13 of 97 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My wife and I have over the years eaten at many Red Lobsters through out the USA, On Friday night we ate at the Salina KS Red Lobster- it was fantastic. On Monday night we decided to eat at the Marion IL RL. We shared an Appettisor, the centre of which was cold. It had obviously not been fully re-heated in the microwave. I had some fish for an entrée. It was dry and tasteless. Two night previously, I had fish at the Salina Ks RL- it was moist and superb.

At Salina, servers kept coming up and asking if everything was OK- we always replied yes. At Marion, no one EVER asked us if everthing was OK. The server just quickly cleared the table after each course- she gave the impression she did not want to know whether we were satisfied.

We like Red Lobster- just avoid the Marion Il RL

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I've tried at least a dozen different RL's through the years, with mixed results. This one, however, was probably the worst. We did have the traditional long wait for a table, and no wonder why. The salmon was very good, but the fried fillet of miscellaneous fish was greasy and bland. The ceasars salad was OK, but the tried & true biscuits tasted like they were not completely done. I don't understand how the overall quality of this once-great franchise fell so far. Our server Ursula was absolutely fabulous, very friendly and efficient. This brand just sold today. Hope the new owners can turn it around quickly.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Upon waiting for our table (which we had a 45 minute wait), there was a scuffle, from what we perceived as a 'line jump con'. A woman came in a door, and waited a few minutes, then went to the front greeter, and explained that they had been here an hour, and had not been given a device to let them know when their table was ready.

There were many other customers who were able to confirm that this was a line jump attempt, and that they were not there as long as they had stated. It did erupt into many of the people waiting to complain and bicker.

As we got our table, the waitress was apologetic, and re received an appetizer for no charge, to make amends of the situation.

Me and my wife got a seafood pasta, and it was average to what you would get at any Italian place. So if you wish to come for anything other than Solid Seafood or Lobster, then it is a waste of money (as things are very expensive)

The Appetizer, Calamari and veggies, were excellent, and the service was really good, but the overall experience left me to remain neutral in this and give 3 points.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

There was about a 25 min wait so we ate at the bar. Fast service and so friendly. Food was delishious.

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This is your typical red lobster. I travel a lot and haven't ate here in a while. The food and the service is good. But the price makes it almost not worth it

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!