“Over-Night Stay”

Quality Inn & Suites Marion
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I booked this in advance of what I knew was a long day (14 hours) on the road with 2 grandkids (ages 11 girl and 9 boy) and my wife (age-not available-lol). I knew I needed a roll-away bed and I called to confirm that they would have one available. To my pleasant surprise, the bed was in the room and made up. We all went to the pool and a member of the staff brought out fresh towels for us. After a good night sleep the continental breakfast satisfied the kids and us. The kids love waffles so they were happy. The gravy was salty for the biscuits and gravy for my taste. I would have liked to see fruits available. No bananas, apples, oranges. Kids had yogurt.

1  Thank 1234dave1234
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your
review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Also, we do offer three different types of fruit on our breakfast bar, but I will follow up with the staff to see what the issue was. Please except my apology.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We just returned from a two night stay at the Quality Inn and Suites. Our first impression was very favorable. Clean room, comfortable beds and a great pool. Unfortunately after a long day at freshman orientation we came back to find that our room had not been cleaned. I talked to the front desk twice and was told that someone would be by soon. They never arrived and I had to ask for towels for the morning. This along with the fact that no cleaning meant no shampoo and conditioner made our stay less than it could have been.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Hello

I'm concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all our guest at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed, and that the appropriate action has been taken.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This place is about average...and that's what I usually want. Good room, clean and convenient, with a good breakfast, all at a good, fair price. You could get a newer place that is a bit fancier for a few dollars more, but what's the point???
There is nothing at all to complain about and it is a good place for an in-and-out with a quick but boring motel free breakfast. If you wanted a really good breakfast, just walk across the parking lot to the Cracker Barrel! CB has great a great breakfast that would cost my wife and me about $25.00, but hey, we're retired and have other things to spend that money on, like lunch a little later.
Oh yeah, the desk clerk guy with all the jewelry in his face will remind you of San Francisco! Ha!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was a good hotel just off the interstate and easy to find. I only talked to two of the staff. The Guest Service Agent that checked me in and Earl that checked me out. I am a gold choice privileges member and they had a bag with water, chips, and candy for me and that was appreciated. The room was very clean. I looked and could not find any thing wrong with it. I had a long way to go when I left and Earl had the breakfast out early which was also good. Breakfast was a little lacking. Of course they had cereal, fruit, juices, waffles, boiled eggs, and sausage gravy, and biscuits. I would rather have seen sausage or bacon without the gravy, as the gravy is not good for diabetics. Although I was only there a short time, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed there two nights with my family. Front desk was very nice and helpful. Had a smoking room, dirty. Ashes from previous occupants all over desks and bathroom counter. Cigarette burns on the top blankets. Room was dry and stuffy, air conditioning barely worked. Food crumbs all over the floor, I thought house keeping was to vacuum each room prior to renting? The fridge was in a awkward spot, on the floor next to the recliner. Tub had hairs all in it and on the toilet seat. Finally had enough and called front desk about my problems. They assured me it would be fixed asap, and they were sorry. I had looked at the name card in my room and it said Lori, guessing she was the one who 'cleaned' my room. Someone from house keeping came, her name was Ronda. Not a very pleasant lady, I might add. Seemed to have a horrible attitude like it was my fault the room was dirty. I'm a paying customer. Shouldn't have rude people working in such a nation wide company. Only good thing about staying there was the front desk employees, breakfast, the pool (kids loved it) and the flat screen tv. Overall, will never stay there again and highly don't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hello,

Please accept my sincere apology.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights & were very pleased. The rooms were very large & clean. The staff was friendly and provided us with the maps we needed. Our friends joined us for an evening of games, which we loudly played in the breakfast area. No one complained about the laughter. The breakfast was extremely nice and more than we really needed. I thought the value was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your kind words are greatly appreciated by myself and the staff!

Look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Never been treated better by any Staff at any Choice Hotel. A few minutes after I got in the room the room phone rings. I reluctantly answered it and it was the front desk to see if everthing met my needs. The room was outstanding in all ways! The people here should be the model for Choice Hotels!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
QISMarion, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013