“Outstanding Property” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Mount Dora, Florida
“Outstanding Property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2010

This new hotel reflects everything we expect from this chain of hotels. It is very convenient to the interstate, and offers a large parking lot.

The public aeas are charming and comfortable. The staff is pleasant and professional. Our room was spacious and well appointed in tasteful colors and designs. The flat screen TV provided a multitude of channels. The linens were crisp and new, towels plump and fluffy, hot water was hot and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. We had a very restful night. The Wi-fi internet connection was fast and convenient. Our room was exceptionally quiet.

The complimentary breakfast was excellent with make-your-own waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, fruit, coffee, juice, yogurt and milk. The area was clean and tidy and well-supplied by a personable and efficient lady.

The 17th St. Grill, nationally recognized for their BBQ is directly across the street. In addition the largest Wal-Mart I have ever been in is less than 1/2 mile from this hotel. This store has 206,000 sq ft, and, though I am no fan of Wal-Mart it was impressive!

I wished we could find a hotel of this quality for the price we paid every night we are on the road. We had a four star hotel experience for well under $100/night. A real bargain for today's traveler.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Busy-retired

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Long Valley, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

Pretty much your typical right-off-the-interstate chain hotel, but I have always liked Country Inn & Suites because of their "home" like feel. This location is fairly new; probably no more than a year or two, so everything is still fresh and clean. I was here for two nights, but I would say its OK for longer stays as well. Rooms have a mini fridge and microwave and are fairly large. Beds are plush. Room and bathroom was spotless! Nice hot breakfast with scrambled eggs and sausage patties. Evening snacks which included chips, salsa, pretzels, and vegtables. Walking distance to a bar/restaurant. And as others said, also allows pets which is rare for such a newer hotel.

NOW, for the downside (and the reason it's only 4 "stars")- As with most newly built hotels along the highways and byways of America, everything is wood frame construction and probably done as cheap as possible (No sound proofing), so sound travels...EASILY! I found this out one night around 11pm watching TV... now I'm not old and definately not deaf, so the TV was not THAT loud, but I received a polite phone call from the front desk asking me to turn my TV down a bit because the people next door complained. You hear people walking around upstairs, doors slamming, people in the next room, ect. It also doesn't help that the rooms have connecting doors which are right next to the TV.

It was an 'OK' stay and would definately stay again. The price was right for this level hotel. I would suggest asking for maybe an end room or if they have any rooms without connecting doors.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank cmh7020
sleepyhollow illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2009

I can tell you honestly all the places I could find at Marion that would take my Pug was the Drury Inn next door .

I have been to the Dury many time and was just there two weeks ago for a intown Family event . The Dury Inn smelled funny and I wanted to stay some place differant . I would describe the Drury Inn room as a smokers room . I do not smoke and my dog does not as well .

My dog is bathed often and I did not want to bath her from a smoked filled room .
Got a better price then the Dury Inn thru PRICE LINE.COM King bed NON-smoker .

The breakfast will be open at 6am! this is good for me because we rise early .

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2009

This hotel had good rates and turned out to be a gem. Any hotel of this brand name have been good our experience tells us, and this one was also. The breakfast was good and the surprise was that they had a great snack bar when we came in >> salsa, chips, veggies, nice for a little snack in the PM. The rates were very reasonable and the desk staff was top rate. They even helped do some research about the local attractions on their computer and ran off copies for us, just to help. It was a good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patti-trvler
Biscuits1014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

So we went to visit friends and we were very apprehensive about going back down to southern Illinois. We always had problems with racism and rude people. When we checked in we found a diverse friendly staff. The room was clean and attractively furnished. ( I loved the curtains) free wifi, free continental breakfast with eggs and sausage and waffles. They were outstanding, nice, and pleasant. We will always stay there!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Biscuits1014
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

When I checked in I found the staff to be very helpful and polite. The hotel is entirely non-smoking but when I arrived to my room it had a subtle smoke smell. I didn't want a different room as I used to smoke and the smell wasn't strong. However I was glad I mentioned it to them because the staff made a note of it and said there is a charge if someone has been smoking in the room. I found the room to be spacious, very crisp and clean. The hotel is new and is very well taken care of. Cudos to the staff! The room had a microwave and refrigerator which I always appreciate. The hotel was quiet, the wireless internet worked without any problems. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was simply outstanding. The staff in the dining area was very helpful, great with kids, the food was wonderful. The choice included waffles, sausage gravy and biscuits, bacon, cold and warm cereal, pastries, fruit and so much more. Simply wonderful. The hotel is to be commended for their service.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Channahon, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

We were travelling with a large group of families for my son's baseball tournament in nearby Herrin, IL. The staff was very helpful in accomadating such a large group of people and they were very friendly even when the team (10 year old boys) got a little noisy.

The breakfast was excellent and there was enough variety even though we were there 4 nights. Rooms were clean and spacious, the bathroom was a good size, the bed was comfortable, and the air conditioning in our room worked great even though it was very hot outside.

I would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009