“Good place to stop” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Rockford, Illinois
“Good place to stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2009

This hotel had good rates and turned out to be a gem. Any hotel of this brand name have been good our experience tells us, and this one was also. The breakfast was good and the surprise was that they had a great snack bar when we came in >> salsa, chips, veggies, nice for a little snack in the PM. The rates were very reasonable and the desk staff was top rate. They even helped do some research about the local attractions on their computer and ran off copies for us, just to help. It was a good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patti-trvler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Biscuits1014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

So we went to visit friends and we were very apprehensive about going back down to southern Illinois. We always had problems with racism and rude people. When we checked in we found a diverse friendly staff. The room was clean and attractively furnished. ( I loved the curtains) free wifi, free continental breakfast with eggs and sausage and waffles. They were outstanding, nice, and pleasant. We will always stay there!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Biscuits1014
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

When I checked in I found the staff to be very helpful and polite. The hotel is entirely non-smoking but when I arrived to my room it had a subtle smoke smell. I didn't want a different room as I used to smoke and the smell wasn't strong. However I was glad I mentioned it to them because the staff made a note of it and said there is a charge if someone has been smoking in the room. I found the room to be spacious, very crisp and clean. The hotel is new and is very well taken care of. Cudos to the staff! The room had a microwave and refrigerator which I always appreciate. The hotel was quiet, the wireless internet worked without any problems. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was simply outstanding. The staff in the dining area was very helpful, great with kids, the food was wonderful. The choice included waffles, sausage gravy and biscuits, bacon, cold and warm cereal, pastries, fruit and so much more. Simply wonderful. The hotel is to be commended for their service.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Channahon, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

We were travelling with a large group of families for my son's baseball tournament in nearby Herrin, IL. The staff was very helpful in accomadating such a large group of people and they were very friendly even when the team (10 year old boys) got a little noisy.

The breakfast was excellent and there was enough variety even though we were there 4 nights. Rooms were clean and spacious, the bathroom was a good size, the bed was comfortable, and the air conditioning in our room worked great even though it was very hot outside.

I would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

This hotel was great! I don't think I've ever had a more comfy bed and pillows. Too bad I had to get up so early! It is brand new, and beautiful on the inside, very, very clean, and tastefully decorated. The front desk called early on to ask if we needed anything. We did, and the manager, Kerry got right on it! They have a nice pool area, water was too cold for my taste, but didn't bother the kids, and they have a nice big hot tub to soak in. I plan on staying here every time I'm in the Carbondale area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2009

I attended a meeting at this brand new hotel in February 2009. I did not see the guest rooms, but the lobby and meeting rooms were very nice and spacious. Front desk was very helpful. Walking distance to the Southern Illinois Miners Ballpark, 17th Street Bar & Grill. Stay away from the hotel next to it (Best Inns) - I wouldn't even step in their parking lot. Tons of restaurants and shopping within a 2 minutes' drive, or less.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business