“Fantastic stay.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Traveling from Houston to Chicago and got tired so decided to try this hotel. I thought it was a little pricey at first but by the time I checked out I realized it was all worth it. The bed was so comfortable, the room was beautiful, and even though there were a lot of children around when I checked in, I didn't hear a thing. The next morning I went to get breakfast, and was very pleased with the hot breakfast . They are also pet friendly. My little Max had a great time also.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way to Arkansas. It is the only hotel in Marion we will stay at!! The front desk is always friendly and helpful and you can't beat the chocolate chip cookies!!!! Rooms are great with plenty of room and comfortable beds. Plenty of restaurant choices nearby as well. This hotel has always been pet friendly to my little dog as well. Highly recommend!!!!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2013

if you have kids, DO NOT stay at this hotel. you will spend the whole night shushing them and telling them to be quiet and sit still! i love this chain of hotels, have stayed in many. but i will never stay at this one again. apparently during construction, they didnt do enough insulating that would make the rooms quieter. at 5:45 PM saturday night, the front desk called my room because there had been a complaint filed against me and my grandaughter. she is a 3 year old and she was behaving like a normal 3 year old "princess" will behave-singing along to the movie she was watching and spinning around. i was a little shocked. i could understand it if it had been late at night, but the sun was still shining. it was 5:45 in the afternoon!! it's not like she was banging on the walls and screaming. . so needless to say, i had to spend the rest of my night making sure she was silent and not moving too much. totally ruined my little getaway with her and i should have checked out then and there...

Room Tip: dont bring your kids
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of the hotel. We will discuss these conditions with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly or feel free to email us at Customer Care. Our email is CCare@carlsonrezidor.com ~Deanna

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed at the Country Inn & Suites based on the reviews on our way to Florida. Checkin and checkout went smoothly, no problems. The outside appearance gives you the impression it's not a normal Country Inn & Suites, very plain, probably purchased from another hotel chain. Checkin and checkout went very smooth, no problems. The lobby and dining area were clean but could use some updating, not very bright or cheerful looking. The room and bathroom were average size but clean which is very important to us. The furniture was older looking and also could use some updating. The breakfast was your average motel breakfast nothing exceptional. I base most of my reviews on cleanliness and this one met our expectations. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Would we stay again probably yes.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have not normally tried CI's, but the location and price was right. I'm glad I made the choice of this hotel.

Very clean rooms with excellent internet service. Rooms were also good sized rooms. Bed was very comfortable (one of those "do I have to get out of bed?" moments).

Room decor is reasonably modern and maintained, but wouldn't cross into anything considered "trendy" (then again, if you want "trendy" you're probably not looking for a hotel with the name Country in it).

Breakfast was buffet style, but hot options to make for a good start to the day. I also liked they had actual ceramic plates, real coffee mugs, and metal utensils. It really made it seem more like a true sit-down meal then just a process you go through to save having to go find breakfast in the morning.

There are some food establishments in the area, to include fast food and a BBQ joint. Other restaurants also nearby.

If back in Marion, I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were in town visiting family for Thanksgiving and this hotel was great! Rooms were exceptionally clean and customer service was top notch. Chocolate chip cookies, coffee and tea were always available in the lobby. The best part was the reading room with a cozy fireplace. My kids loved cuddling up with a book while we finished getting ready for the day. Hotel felt completely safe and comfortable. The stairs from the lobby to the second floor made the hotel feel like we were at home. Beds and room were adequately large and comfortable. Pool was clean and water was warm. Only complaint was that a dog was staying in the hotel and was heard barking occasionally. When we return for a visit to our family, we will return to this hotel home.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The only problem I saw was that there was never anyone at the front desk. Breakfast was actually ready earlier than we were told, which is great for us because we are early risers, even on vacation. We just celebrated 30 yearsof marriage and needed a weekend away, nice quiet and relaxing

• Stayed: November 2012