“What a Sick and disgusting Hotel should be condemed”

Howard Johnson Inn Manteno
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Manteno
A TripAdvisor Member
“What a Sick and disgusting Hotel should be condemed”
Reviewed August 14, 2005

Started out with a reservation on yahoo travelocity and thought we were getting a deal on a room for $54.00 with a indoor pool and hot tub when we arrived the clerk informed us that the hot tub was out of order and told us it broke a few days ago but actually one of our trips in april of this year they conveniently had the same problem hmmmmmmmmmm after talking to the clerk and having her tell my wife " you already got a discount on your room " and there was nothing she could do to adjust the price i got upset and i came into the hotel and made my point be known that i thought it was wrong that they charge me for a hotel with a hot tub if i cant use it finally another employee suggested that they give us a hot tub room for the same price so i thought ok but now my 5 year5 old son had no bed and they didnt have a fold away bed or even a cot ok well now into the room we get greeted by june bugs and a few dead bugs in bathroom on floor ok well no towels and the air conditioner sucked too ok maybe it will get better NOT on the 2nd day the evening while myself and my wife are in bed the "same employee" tries to open my room door and says we didnt pay for 2 nights which we did and i showed him my receipt ok now to top it off we take our cooler full of soda and juice and attempt to fill it with ice like most people do at hotels on vacation the same employee stops me and says that i cant use the ice machine for that i can only get 1 ice bucket a few glasses of ice " no outside ice " OK READY FRO THE BEST YET NOW IM SITTING AT MY COMPUTER AND IM LOOKING at my banking account and they charged me again for another night iwouldnt recommend this hotel to my worst enemy if i wanted them to die there!

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed December 26, 2004

I'm writing this review in advance, prior to my stay. We were looking for a place to stay somewhere in Mantino, Illinois. Most of the hotels were asking outlandish prices for someone who just wanted a place to sleep. I asked some family of mine to head to this location to check it out. I had read some of the unfortunately nasty reviews, and had my reservations about this location. However, after getting a personal review from my sister-in-law (who happens to be a very...well...picky person when it comes to hotels), we're looking forward to staying at this location. I'll write another review to explain in detail the accomodations. I have a feeling that these reviews are somewhat unfair, and poorly thought out.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 21, 2004

I stayed at the Welcome Inn on Saturday Sept 18th. I was welcomed alright, by nasty rooms with bugs. The first room I got was room 113 in which someone had taken a dump and left feces in the toliet and on the toilet seat. I went to the front desk to complain and was given another room. This room 117 was a handicap room, in which I was not given a discounted rate and it had bugs in it. Had I not been extremely tired I would have requested a refund immediately. I have requested the manager several times and she still has not returned my phone call. NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!!! Travel 10 more miles to Monee for the Best Western or Motel 8.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Manteno hotels

Reviewed July 13, 2004

my baseball team stayed at the hotel for three days. the rooms were really nasty. When I went to explain about the rooms and the bugs the manager Georgia Rehberg insisted that I brought them in them in myself. I will never stay at this Hotel again. I have never been ashamed of the way she acted.

I asked to speak to the owner's and she stated they arent available. I asked for there phone number and she advised me to leave.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteno
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno
#1 of 6 in Bourbonnais
Red Roof Inn & Suites Monee
Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee
Americas Best Value Inn Monee/Chicago Area

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Manteno? Share your experiences!