“Friendly and Well-run”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Manteno
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a quiet family-run hotel. The pool was a madhouse before 10 pm (Presidents Day weekend) but, as promised, the management had an adult swim time from 10 pm to 12 pm. The manager on duty was always trying to make things a little better (more towels for the pool, cleaning up a little here and there). The buffet breakfast was fine - eggs and sausage with cereal bagels, etc -just about what you'd expect. Rooms were clean. Place was quiet at night. I'd stay there again

Room Tip: This location is off the highway enough that all the rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here last Sunday for my son's family birthday party to let th ekids go swimming. Only thing was the hot tub seat is a little low on one end. Staff was wonderful! Thanks for the great service.

Room Tip: Low level near pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ryansmom41
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed over the between Christmas and New Years holidays for a family reunion. The hotel is nice, well situated and the lobby is clean. We booked over 10 rooms and when one of our relatives had to back out, there was no getting a refund. We ended up using the extra room for family card games and such. The hotel staff was pleasant. Our only complaint was the maid service, which was pretty bad. It was not like the hotel was overbooked and they did not have the time. Our bed was never made properly. it was as if she threw them up and rolled the cover back. One night, we had to ask for towels which had been removed but not replaced. The floor was not vacumned once during the 5 days we stayed. Also the toilet was not cleaned several times.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
mamato2_83, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. The items that you mentioned I find unacceptable. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for myself, Crystal.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here recently while on business in the area. Room rate was very reasonable, room was clean, fitness room was contained the basics, and staff was friendly. The breakfast was very good for a hotel in this catagory. Will stay again when back in the area even though not one of my regular hotel brands.

Room Tip: water pressure was a bit on the weak side on the main floor. Ask for a room on the back side away f...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have stayed here frequently and feel at home. The staff is always helpful and friendly. The fireplace was going, fresh baked cookies, just what you need after coming in from a blustery cold evening. Rooms were clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dennis I
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was traveling from Ohio to Iowa and needed a 1/2 way point to stay at. I made a last minute online reservation the night before I stayed here. During the reservation process, I was asked if I wanted an upgrade to a King suite for just a few dollars more than a regular room. Check-in was very nice - professional, courteous, etc. I was very pleased with the service!
Room was quite roomy and large; full couch & desk to spread out my work stuff, separate bedroom and microwave & fridge. I was very surprised when I opened the door to my room. Local restaurants offering delivery were included in hotel guide; I ended up ordering a delivery and it was prompt.
Only issue I had was the water pressure; I have very long hair (past my shoulders) and it took a longer time than normal to shower in the morning due to very low pressure. Heating/AC are upgraded - no wall unit to disrupt your sleep. And you can set the electronic thermostat to your liking. Also in the living area (couch/desk) there is an overhead fan to help circulate the air. I let this run overnight and it helped keep the room cool and comfortable.
All in all it was a great night stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed for almost a week and we were very pleased. It was clean and very comfortable. The lobby is very welcoming, with cookies in the lobby! Comfy chairs and books, etc. The pool was great, just the right temp, and size. The breakfast bar was amazing, they changed up the hot food each day, and kept the food re-stocked. The staff was friendly, and helpful. The only bad thing we found was the previous room guest must of did some partying, because we found some drug paraphernalia, hidden under the bed, and some frozen hard lemonade bottles, exploded in the freezer, of the room fridge. (We were so freaked out by the first item), I quickly threw it into the hall garbage can. I did not want my kids to see it. Otherwise it was a wonderful place to stay, and we would return.

Room Tip: check over your room before you settle in, just in case you run across some unexpected surprises!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteno
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
Howard Johnson Inn Manteno
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Monee

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno? Share your experiences!