“Excellent!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Manteno
Cedar Grove, Wisconsin
“Excellent!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was traveling from Ohio to Iowa and needed a 1/2 way point to stay at. I made a last minute online reservation the night before I stayed here. During the reservation process, I was asked if I wanted an upgrade to a King suite for just a few dollars more than a regular room. Check-in was very nice - professional, courteous, etc. I was very pleased with the service!
Room was quite roomy and large; full couch & desk to spread out my work stuff, separate bedroom and microwave & fridge. I was very surprised when I opened the door to my room. Local restaurants offering delivery were included in hotel guide; I ended up ordering a delivery and it was prompt.
Only issue I had was the water pressure; I have very long hair (past my shoulders) and it took a longer time than normal to shower in the morning due to very low pressure. Heating/AC are upgraded - no wall unit to disrupt your sleep. And you can set the electronic thermostat to your liking. Also in the living area (couch/desk) there is an overhead fan to help circulate the air. I let this run overnight and it helped keep the room cool and comfortable.
All in all it was a great night stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Nesbit, Mississippi
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed for almost a week and we were very pleased. It was clean and very comfortable. The lobby is very welcoming, with cookies in the lobby! Comfy chairs and books, etc. The pool was great, just the right temp, and size. The breakfast bar was amazing, they changed up the hot food each day, and kept the food re-stocked. The staff was friendly, and helpful. The only bad thing we found was the previous room guest must of did some partying, because we found some drug paraphernalia, hidden under the bed, and some frozen hard lemonade bottles, exploded in the freezer, of the room fridge. (We were so freaked out by the first item), I quickly threw it into the hall garbage can. I did not want my kids to see it. Otherwise it was a wonderful place to stay, and we would return.

Room Tip: check over your room before you settle in, just in case you run across some unexpected surprises!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Bourbonnais, Illinois
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel people are great! They treated us like we were in a 5 star hotel. The night shift guy Jeremy was awesome! He was very accomodating and helped us out a lot. The breakfast here is amazing. It was not like any other breakfast from other hotels. I think this place is a great place to stay and would recommend my friends to stay here if they were ever in the Bourbonnais, IL.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Oswego, New York, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while visiting family in IL. The room was clean and spacious. The only complaint we have about the room was the bathroom door was hard to open and shut and there was no fan in the bathroom. The pool was small and shallow but clean. When I took my son swimming around 8pm there were people drinking beer and acting rowdy in the pool so we didn't stay long. When I walked by the pool around 11pm to get our laundry from guest laundry there were beer cans scattered about the pool/hot tub. Also there was someone smoking weed in their room and the smell traveled to the lobby. I told the guy at the front desk and he did a walk through of the hallway but it was hard to determine what room it was coming from. Between that and the beer drinking in the pool, it made me feel a little uneasy about staying there with my young children. There was a wedding going on so I'm sure it was wedding guests having a little too much fun. I wish the hotel would have enforced the no alcohol/food or drink in the pool area and the no smoking in the rooms rule but it was a busy night for the hotel so it was understandable that it was overlooked. The breakfast was great! They served something different both mornings we were there. Which included, pancakes, bacon, potatoes, eggs and more. We'd probably stay there again because our main issue was with the hotel guests and not the hotel. The staff was very helpful and even called us a few minutes after check in to make sure we were satisfied with out room. We'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bettendorf, Iowa
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed at alot of Country Inn and Suites, this one has the usual amentities however clearly well used and worn by travellers being right off I-57, it probably gets alot of traffic.

The positives include the front desk, who were very helpful with my requests for a room on the opposite of the highway, she even upgraded me to a suite. The room was large, clean but had a bit of a musty smell which seemed to linger. The HVAC was somewhat erratic but really didn't kick in and kick out like it should when the temperature was achieved on the thermostat.

The hotel corridors, carpeting, rooms really show their age and it clearly is need for a facelift. However, for the price I paid, it was a good value and good for one night.

Breakfast...usually fare including hot breakfast items. Acceptable and perhaps a little better than most.

One thing this Country Inn and Suites and several others I have stayed at is glass plates and bowls, a nice touch and good for the environment compared to other hotels who use alot of styrofoam.

All in all, if your looking for an overnight stay, this hotel will do...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
evansville, IN
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We usually stick with one brand hotel, but lately we have noticed a decline in satisfied customers, as well as our own findings. Kankakee/Manteno Illnois have many choices of lodging, but customer reviews were just OK, but County Inn & Suites in Manteno reviews stood out, so we booked our stay.

Upon entering the premises we knew this was a good choice. Friendly staff, the sparkling new and clean lobby was only the begining. Our large room was immaculate and fresh.

There is more! Real china, glass glasses, and silverware in the breakfast area. We do not eat with plastic utensils, styrofoam cups and paper plates at home, so why accept less when traveling? The buffet was fresh and tasty, and very neat.

We immediately signed up for the Carlson Club and look forward to our next visit to a County Inn and Suite, and we challenge the other Carlson hotels to follow this example.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
United States
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here while visiting the Chicago Bears training camp in 2012. The hotel was decent- it was cleanly, and welcoming. It was a good place to stay with kids. They loved the homemade cookies that were available in the lobby. The pool was decent- small but it served the purpose of entertaining the boys for awhile. The breakfast in the morning was hearty- waffles, oatmeal, pastries, cereal. All in all, it was a good choice. The customer service was a bit cold, but they weren't rude, just not entirely friendly either.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteno
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
#4 of 6 in Bourbonnais
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Red Roof Inn & Suites Monee
Howard Johnson Inn Manteno

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno? Share your experiences!