“Shawnee Adventure Guides Are The Best!”
Review of Shawnee Adventure Guides - CLOSED

Shawnee Adventure Guides
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer guided hiking, backpacking, rock-climbing, rappelling, kayaking & canoeing throughout the Shawnee National Forest and surrounding areas.
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We have been boulder and bluff-climbing, kayaking on the Cache River, and will go rappelling in two weeks with the Shawnee Adventure Guides. They have so much knowledge of pursuing what some might consider extreme outdoor activities safely and with expert-level instruction. They gear activities to the skill and fitness level of the participants, so at 60+ my husband feels like a kid again. Thanks for creating a business so in harmony with nature and experiences with so many thrills and excitement!

3  Thank ShawneeForest

Reviewed June 11, 2010

Our family took a guided hike in Giant City State Park and had a great time. The journey allowed everyone to climb tree's and rocks and be educated on the local forestry and plant life. The guides were friendly, knowledgeable and gave advise on other things to do in the area. Who knew there was so much to do within a couple hours of St. Louis. We are looking forward to taking another trip soon.

1  Thank trigirlSt_Louis
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Shawnee Adventure Guides were wonderful to work with while my husband and I planned our anniversary getaway. They quickly returned our message to book our reservation and even drove the paperwork out to our cabin when I forgot to print their email. Our guide for rock climbing was sensative to my anxiety about heights and did an excellent job of explaining safety, equipment and procedures. He continously encouraged both my husband and I while climbing. He would also show us different ways to grab hand holds and other helpful stratagies. After this experience my husband and I both felt that we walked away with a lot more knowledge about climbing and had a blast! We were alittle concerned about how "fit" we needed to be to climb, but there are several routes up the rocks that vary in difficulty. Our guide gradually increased the difficulty of each climb depending on what my husband and I wanted. If you are planning a trip to Southern Illinois we would recommend making a reservation with Shawnee Adventure Guides.

3  Thank kpetrov
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I really enjoyed the service and instructional course. I went to learn the skills and techniques of top roping and climbing with equipment. I walked away with a wealth of knowledge and also had a great time climbing Makanda bluff in Southern Illinois. Our guide was very helpful willing to answer every question a beginning climber can muster. Excellent course, recommend it to anyone traveling to or through Southern Illinois.

Jacob Meadows

3  Thank jakem76
Reviewed June 3, 2010

We had a great time with our small group! It was a wonderful experience from the initial phone call through completion of our little adventure. I can't express enough how much fun we had and it was an even better experience because they listened to what we wanted from the first call and fined tuned our adventure to meet those expectations rather than give us some cookie cutter guided tour. Our experience was perfect and we can't wait to set up another one!