I don't think I've ever felt more at home that at the Indigo Cottage. I didn't want to leave. There where so many things that I enjoyed:
- The warmth of the wood palette expressed on the interior and exterior
- The artistic designed the wood spiral staircase, headboard, end tables, bathroom countertop, and dining table.
- The views from the bed towards the tree top forest
- The simple and elegant feel of the kitchenette; seemed like it was IKEA inspired and contemporary but fit very nicely with the context.
- The undulating form of the straw bale stucco walls in the light glow of the evening light.
- and finally the natural feel of the the spaces.
I felt that our stay was more of an experience than just a place to rest for the evening. It's an experience I'd like to take home with me or come back frequently to visit and recharge at the makanda inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique B & B experience in the Inn! Southern Illinois first, Eco-Friendly Inn & 3 Private Cottage accommodations. Open year round! The four suites in the Inn are operated as a B&B, where you will enjoy a sumptuous breakfast. There are three cottages,2 are one bedroom and 1 is a two bedroom - two bath cottage. Breakfast is not included in the cottages, however it can be purchased on a limited basis. As a cottage guest, you are invited to utilize the common area of the Inn for your enjoyment and to access the free Wi-Fi service. The cottages do not have Wi-fi service. Inn suites have a refrigerator and coffee maker. The one bedroom cottages have a kitchenette which includes a two burner stove, sink, refrigerator, coffee maker, and microwave. The two bedroom cottage has a full size kitchen. We proudly serve Steam Shovel Coffee, a local micro roasted coffee that is supplied freshly ground in your suite and fresh beans are provided in the cottages. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Makanda Hotel Makanda