“Great place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the lodge dozens of times as we live nearby. They always have wonderful food and service, and a wonderful atmosphere. I'd definitely say call ahead to make a reservation, and I recommend the family style chicken! That's is all my family ever gets, though I have tried their catfish meal and would say that that is wonderful as well. Not only is the lodge freat, it is located in a wonderful park and is a historic building itself. If you're in the area, go!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We met some friends here for an early dinner. We all had the family style fried chicken with all the sides. Chicken was great the dumplings fantastic as always. Through the years we have been going about 3 times a year. Always great food, atmosphere and service. I would and have recommend this place to eat.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our family was taking a drive in the country on a cool Saturday afternoon. We found ourselves at Giant City Stat Park at lunch time. We came upon the Lodge and the restaurant was open. Not expecting much, because it was off season, we decided to try it for lunch. We were surprised to find the restaurant very busy, mainly with locals. The lunch was excellent with plenty to eat at very reasonable prices. Service was prompt and friendly. The lodge was beautiful with a rustic atmosphere.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We went to the Giant City State Park Lodge Restaurant for Easter Sunday breakfast buffet. I have had better breakfast buffet at the Comfort Inn. The menu consisted of sausage, bacon, fried potatoes, scrambled eggs, oatmeal,melon.and pancakes. The food was just terrible, not much of it and the no presentation what-so-ever!! I will never go there again for breakfast. No wonder there were hardly any customers.

1  Thank susank1945
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We go here often and we've never been disappointed. The entire place is very clean. Even when it's packed inside, we still enjoy a pleasant dining experience. Good food and nice atmosphere. We live over an hour from this restaurant and its worth the drive. Plus the park itself is pretty. Lots of good times with friends and family. If you get a chance, check out the view from the water tower.