“Outstanding Ribeye”

Red Ox
Ranked #17 of 64 Restaurants in Macomb
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 30, 2013

There is limited dining in Macomb, wish I would have found this place sooner. It is the real deal, old fashion supper club. It's what dining use to be in the 50s and 60's or Wisconsin.
Older decor, the back room is pleasant and basis dark wood steak joint style. The bartender and owner are friendly. I had the Ugly Ribeye; highly recommended by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch too. It was delicious; tender and tasty. I'm a steak lover and this was very good. A normal salad and potato, but the meat delivered. The price is fair, but not cheap. But what is now a days?
I'll be back for sure.

There are newer reviews for Red Ox

Reviewed April 21, 2013

When in Macomb Illinois, be sure to visit the Red Ox. And if you are looking for an old fashioned styled supper club be sure to sit in the back room. This was my second visit to the Red Ox. The first time I had a very good pasta dish. This time I went for a steak. It was the Ugly Rib Eye, and it was excellent. The crusted coating is indeed ugly, but definitely traps the juices and flavors within the steak. The price was right and the service was fast and friendly. Add a Maker's Mark Manhattan and a piece of home made chocolate cream pie, and you have got a great meal.

3  Thank Tom K
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The food here is basic, decent food. Nothing fancy. Service was adequate. Décor is dated. It's probably one of the better places to eat in Macomb. At least in the top 7.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Consistently a very good place. The back room has a clubby atmosphere and nice bar and television. Service always top notch

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Very good just as I remembered. We went there twice on my visit to WIU. We sat in the supper club one night and the restaurant the other night. Food was really good. The onion rings are wonderful! I highly recommend them. The salad bar is wonderful and the shrimp dinner I ha was great. Service staff was very nice and very good. We never had to ask for anything. My son LOVED the kids chicken meal too. Great place for real good home cooked food.

Been to Red Ox? Share your experiences!